Monday 1 June 2020

Distressed Postcards


Hi everyone, welcome back to my blog post. 
Today I'm going to be using Lisa's postcard background stamp as the main focus of a pretty card which would 
be suitable for so many occasions.
You will need: 
Lisa Horton sisal
Lisa Horton Luxury Pearls - Rainbow Collection Cool Skies
Stamperia Roses and Laces paper
Distress Oxide inks (or your preference)
Paperclip and lace (optional)
Start by stamping the postcard twice onto some cream card. Holding the stamped image, tear the card edges 
towards you to reveal the core of the card on all sides. Next, use your inks to colour those edges - front and back 
as you will be curling the edges up.  Use Distress Oxides (old paper and just a touch of vintage photo) to give a
vintage feel to your project. I decided to make the postcard underneath darker with a touch of salty ocean 
Distress Ink. Curl the bottom right corners by rolling them around a pencil.
Next I used a portion of 1 sheet of Stamperia Roses and Laces paper pack. I tore the edges and inked them 
the same as the postcards. 

Mount the backing paper onto a cream card and tape the postcards on top. I added a heart shaped paperclip
(from my stash) too.
Stamp your trailing foliage and colour the leaves with ink. Use a brown pencil/pen to darken the stems and then 
cut out your images. (I stamped 2 of the smaller sections).  Slightly curl the edges of the leaves to add a more 
realistic look and then use 3d foam to attach to the edge of the postcard. Remember to only glue the leaves at 
the top if your flowers are going to sit in that area.

Take a little sisal and attach with glue in the area that your flowers will sit. Die cut your flowers - I usually cut 3 for 
each one to add dimension. Layer them up with 3d foam. I used Lisa's newest collection of hombre pearls to give 
a beautiful finishing touch to the daisies, and added a little paper lace from my stash too.

Hope you've enjoyed making this project with me. Feel free to comment on my post should you wish to do so.

Stay safe and happy crafting! 
Tina x




7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Another two stamps for my wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisabeth. Sorry to tempt you with more fab goodies! I couldn’t resist! 😍x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful..I do love that postcard ..and the colours you used are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the postcard is great. Thank you very much for your comment.

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful card you made��

    ReplyDelete