Friday 3 April 2020

Flag Die Notebooks


 Hi all! Paul here again to share with you a really easy project. Did you manage to get these flag dies? If you did, why not try making a little notebook. They are so easy and so much fun to make.


I started off by tracing the outside of the largest flag onto greyboard, cut it out then repeated so that I had a front and back cover. This gives a cover slightly larger than the pages to when it comes to mat and layer, you get a nice finsih. I dabbed some black gesso around the edges (marker pen would also work I'm sure). Then I cut designer paper to stick onto the outside and inside of each cover.


I then cut a number of pages from white cardstock. I used a cropodile to punch holes in the papers. I used one f the pages as a template on the cover to align the holes (as it is a slightly different size, align it with the paper you stuck onto the greyboard for a perfect match). A couple of book binding rings and ribbon and it's all done.


On my cover, I used the Spring Bloom stencil texture paste to add some dimension.

2 comments: