Sunday 5 April 2020

Beautiful Butterflies in the spotlight



Hi there, Claire Newcombe back with you and sharing a project I created for the most recent of Lisa's Create & Craft shows, aired on 3rd April.

I created this peach card using the newly launched butterfly's designed for Lisa by the wonderfully talented Anne Ruffles.

This particular butterfly is from the Wings & Things set, still available in a couple of bundles and still exclusive to C&C (link below)





Today on the blog I have created this blue card, in the same style and with a step by step walk through for you. I will also be going live on Facebook on Tuesday 7th April recreating this card in real time too, it will be great if you can join me.

1. Wherever I can i like to work on Lisa's super smooth cardstock, not only is it great for stamping, it is fabulous to blend your inks on to also. To start I applied a small amount of light (tumbled glass) distress oxide through one of the newest stencils (Lisa's A5 stencil, Medieval design)


2. I cut a circle mask (3.5 inches wide) from copy paper, placed it on the project and then replaced the stencil over the top again. I made sure I pattern matched the stencil to the design already on the project. I tend to just hold the masks and stencils in place when I work, but you can of course use your preferred method to make them more secure before applying the ink.



3. As you can see from the photo below I now work a darker shade of ink ((broken china) round the outside edge of the circle and through the stencil.



4.Introduce another shade (iced spruce) to add some shadowing and continue building colour around the outside edge of the circle mask. When you remove the mask and stencil to reveal, you should have a highlighted circle. If you feel you need more depth of colour and shadow effect replace both mask and stencil and continue adding colour.



5. Use a fine liner pen to draw doodled lines around the outside edge of the project and also the highlighted circle. You now have a background ready to frame the main focal image of your project. I have chosen one of the butterflies from the beautiful 'Jewelled Buttlerfly' Collection, amd coloured it with alcohol markers. Ive added some sparkle with the new collection of mermaid tails, and stamped one of Lisa's Ticker tape sentiments.



Lisa Horton Crafts products,
A5 Medieval stencil
Jewelled Butterflies
Just Saying..Ticker phrases 


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope this has made you smile today.
Remember we have a lovely Facebook group where we'd love for you to share all your makes with Lisa products, I'll pop the link just here


Take care of yourselves x

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card. Thank you for your lovely blogpost. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ...love this stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This spotlight is another great technique and highlights the butterflies beautifully. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete