Friday 17 January 2020

Tina Foster - Quick & Easy 3D Flowers Card

Quick & Easy 3D Flower card

This is how to create and attach 3D flowers to a card with an ink stencilled background. This is a really easy design to create that looks beautiful. The best part is the card can be folded flat for posting!

(1) First choose your card size. 
I have used a 6inch x 6inch card blank. I personally use 300gsm smooth white card stock as it has a bit more stability.

(2) Cut out a smaller circle on a spare piece of card. 
You will use this to stencil onto your card blank.


(3) Select a stencil design and start by placing the cut out circle on top of the card base. 
I have placed it in a central position, but you can always have it anywhere of your choosing. 
Make sure you tape the stencil down using low tac tape.

(4) Select your ink colours. 
In this instance I've used distress oxides in hickory smoke and mustard seed. 
When you are adding your colour make sure you are holding your stencil firmly.
As a tip, I use make up brushes to apply the ink as they don't leave any harsh lines for those who are a little more heavy handed. 
 
(5) Colour and cut out 6 of the large flowers from the Daisy Burst dies and score each flower down the middle.



(6) Fold each flower in half, lining up the petals to match. While they are still folded flatten each flower along the folded side with a bone folder for a nice crisp edge.



(7) Stick 2 of the half flowers (with each flowers folded side in the middle) with strong glue. 

(8) Take another half flower and glue to the left of the flower you just made. This will be your first 3d flower done.

(9) Repeat 7 and 8 as many times as you wish for as many flowers as you would like on the card. I have created two 3d flowers for this particular card. 

(10) Cut or draw some lines for each of your flower's stems. 
If you have cut stems out like I have, use your strong glue to attach them to the card blank.
(11) Using your strong glue, attach the 3d flowers to the card blank. 

(12) Stamp out the sentiment from the ticker tape phrases stamp. 
In this case I have added a tiny heart cut out. 

(13) To finish I added a self adhesive gem with a little sparkle to my cut out heart and inside my flowers to add that extra something. 


I hope you enjoyed making this project with me. 
Please feel free to post any of your work or comments below! 

6 comments:

  1. Love this card - and thank you for the great instructions xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you Lisa Jane. That’s great to hear! It’s my very first blog, so I’m very glad you found it helpful Apologies for the late response

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Tina, pretty design and fab tutorials xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thank you for showing us how to make it xx

    ReplyDelete