Thursday 16 January 2020

Matchbox Art






Hello Everyone This is my first blog post here as a DT member of Lisa Horton Crafts.






MATCHBOX ART


I made a matchbox with the beautiful products from Lisa.


The products I have used are:  
Lisa Horton Products:
-In the loop DL Stamp Set
-In the Loop Craft Die Set
 -Ticker Phrases DL Stamps
- Sisal
-Paper Pack Bali -Mermaid Glitter
-Mdf Heart

Other products I used are: - a big matchbox (if you don't have one just find a printable template online and print that on thick paper)
- A sharpie: Black
- Acrylic Paint.
 -Gesso
 - Structure Paste
-hole punch tool











At first, I edited the Mdf heart with gesso (something I do with all Mdf products myself). Then I applied a layer in the top right corner with textured paste and also around the edges. 
I intentionally dried that with the heat tool so that it becomes full. After that you should let it dry slowly and then continue working with paint on it.

In the meantime you can probably cut a strip of paper that matches the outside of the matchbox, and I have stamped the piece of paper with the Loop Stamp with a light colour. And then I stuck the paper around the outside of the box.

Then you can start decorating the outside. I have chosen to draw houses but they can also be flowers or whatever you like. With the Sisal you can cover the inside, but don't forget to make two holes first with the punch rod for the strings. I put some glue between the sisal and sprinkled the Magical Mermaid tails glitter over it.
Now back to the heart, which is now dry enough to work on. 

With the acrylic paint I decorated the heart and later I also added the beautiful Magical Mermaid Tails glitter on one side. And I stamped some of it with one of the structure stamps that come with the In The Loop Stamp set. Then I accentuated the edges with the sharpie, and the back there I also drew a house. Just take as last a stamp from the Ticker Phrases Stamp Set. And Voila your matchbox is ready.






I hope you like it and come over on the Facebook live on the 17th January at 10am then I will show you live how I made it.


I wish you a lovely day and hope to see you soon.
Or visit my blog:

Here is the template





Facebook    https://www.facebook.com/bobomadeby/
Blog               https://bobomadebyart.blogspot.com/



10 comments:

  1. Love this hunni, fab project, hugs Aly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful matchbox... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant matchbox, beautiful details x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous....I just love the bright colours and can't wait to watch your FB live x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa i hope you've enjoyed my facebook live. 😊😊

      Delete
  5. Such a great use of colour. Beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete