Thursday 23 April 2020

MDF Tag Canvas


Hello everyone.

Sharing a canvas made with MDF tags and a background using beautiful stamps and stencils.


For the canvas I used

Lisa Horton crafts MDF tags and panel,
Majestic and Jewelled butterflies stamps,
Trailing foliage Ivy stamp set,
Daisy Burst stamp,
Nested banners dies,
Bubble wrap, Script stencils,
Mica powders,
Sisal,
Gold embossing powder,
White card,
White Gesso paint,
Inks and glue gun.


I used the panel at the back of tags with hot glue gun.


 Added white gesso paint to the edges of tags as you can see on the photo.


I blended dye inks with stencils randomly to the white card, used purple and green colour inks.


I drawn around the canvas with pencil on the back of blended card, also I marked little dots where the little holes of the tags are. 


Cut around the card then I draw lines of the edge around 0,4 cm to make slightly smaller then the canvas itself.


I used my punch holes and punched holes from the back of the card where I marked little dots.


As you can see the photo above, the card shape is slightly smaller the the canvas.


I did added some splatter by mixing some ink with water on acetate and adding to the card. Used distress tool for the edges and tore some edges little bit and blended some ink around the edges.


I stamped some daisies and ivy with inks, some daisies I stamped with Versa mark sticky ink and added pink mica powder to the stamped flowers. Then glued the patterned card with tacky glue to mdf tag canvas.


Stamped the butterflies and Ivy coloured them with distress inks using a bit of water. Fussy cut out the butterflies and ivy. I mixed little bit of pink mica powder with water and coloured the butterflies on top of red colour. Stamped the sentiment with Versa mark sticky ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I layered some ivy and butterflies into canvas before gluing them as you can see the photo above.

Please come and join Crafting with Lisa Horton Facebook group 

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments.
Stay safe.
Crafty Hugs Natalia.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the way you used the three tags to form the shape of the base boards. This is a great project and you explained it really well. Thank you Natalia xx

    ReplyDelete