Sunday 26 April 2020

Thanks with Daffodils












                         Hi  lovely crafters.

I hope you managed to enjoy Easter. My April blog popped into my head while on my daily walk surrounded by my favourite flowers.

I absolutely adore daffodils as they are warm, bright and really make me happy.
I am sure many of you will be handing out little thank you cards when this sad time is over.

                                 Enjoy xxx





First of all stamp 6 each of the two smallest 4 point flower stamps with any yellow ink or paint. Colour the backs in yellow. Pearce a hole through the middle of each then cut out.





Bend 2 stamens in half and thread through the flowers.




Add a blob of glue to the stamens and squeeze the four petals around them to resemble a daffodil flower. Hold in place until firm. I used Cosmic shimmer glue as holds in a few seconds.





Stencil a background  using the tartan stencil onto a 4" square white card blank or size of choice.






Emboss  a small piece of pink card with the tartan stencil and cut out a vase shape. Snip stems and leaf shapes out of green card. Bend and twist them like natural daffodil leaves.
Add the vase and stems to the card.




Glue the flowers above the vase as close together as possible then slide the leaves underneath bending over for a more realistic effect.





Using Ticker sentiments stamp set stamp out Thank You in pink and add to card.

I hope you like this little card. It is very pretty and I am sure it will make someone smile.

Have a lovely week

Heidi xxx

3 comments:

  1. I just love how you made these daffodils ... so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning daffodils! This beautiful card sings with the cheerful spirit of spring.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only see a few of the photos but the card looks brilliant. Hopefully I’ll be able to see how to make the daffodils soon xx

    ReplyDelete