Friday 20 March 2020

Butterflies make me smile.

Morning everyone.
This morning I would like to share with you a card I have made for Lisa's upcoming show on Wednesday 25th March at 10:30.

My card features the fabulous Daisy Burst Stamps and Die set as well as the Butterfly flourish stamps and die set.

In order to make this card I firstly masked off a section so that I could stamp my Daisy Burst stamps in two colour ways, Wilted Violet and Storm Grey Distress Oxide inks and using two sizes of the stamps.  Then once the ink was dry I masked off the part where I had stamped and made a narrow band either side of my stamping and added Wilted Violet and then moved my masking to make a second band to add Storm Grey on the outside of the Wilted Violet.

Next I masked off the whole section of stamping and stamped the Daisy Burst large stamp on either side of the first lot of stamping, again using Storm Grey.

Now, I don't know about you but sometimes when I am stamping I have a tendency to get ink where it shouldn't be or my stamping isn't as good as it could be!  So, what to do?
Well, this is where the butterflies come in.
Now I could tell you that I planned the placement of the sentiment and the butterflies but that would be a big fat fib! Lol
No, the nested flag die has been added where my stamping didn't quite work properly and I added the Smile sentiment which comes with the Butterfly Flourish Stamp set and added three of Lisa's fabulous shimmery pearls in the bottom left corner for a bit of detail.

The other butterflies are also covering little mishaps, even the little teeny weeny one in the top left hand corner.

So, when you have little happy accidents, because us crafters don' make mistakes lol, you can always just add a butterfly!

So there you go then, a quick masked butterly and daisy card.

Remember to tune in next Wednesday 25th March at 10:15 to see not only the stamps and dies I have used here but also some fabulous new goodies too.

You will now be catching our Design Team sneek peaks of the new products if you are a member of our facebook group Crafting with Lisa Horton
If you are not already a member then please just click the Join button, answer the questions (nothing heavy honest) and then you're in.
Hope to see you there.
We also have a monthly challenge running too, so why not join in with that once you have joined?
There are also Lisa Horton Crafts boards on Pinterest and some of the DT have You Tube channels with demos on too.  So plenty of options to see what others have done with Lisa's fabulous products.

Right, best get on.
TTFN

2 comments: