Wednesday 18 March 2020

Using Edge Cutz Dies as a frame.

Hi all
Dawn here, just popping in to show you how I used my Butterfly edgecutz die to create a frame on a card. (You can find this on Lisa's shop website here).

Lisa's dies cut beautifully and this one is no exception.
I cut the die four times in navy blue card and then cut the single large butterfly four times in cream card.
I always think cream and navy go together so well don't you?


So the four navy die cuts were trimmed and joined together to make a square frame.
Then I added the four individual butterfly die cuts on top of the navy and used a bit of Pinflair glue to give them a bit of dimension.
So because I wanted this to make a frame I cut off the little butterfly on the end of the die and used the straight edge as the main part of my frame.


Now obviously when you join four pieces of card together this way there is going to be an obvious joint.  In order to cover that up I used the tiny butterfly and die cut four to add to each corner.

Then I used one of Lisa's gorgeous Let's Be Happy stamps which are also available on the shop website here.  This is a gorgeous set of stamps with some beautiful quotes, so useful for so many different occasions.

To finish off I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and brushed each corner of the card.  Now the only thing I would say is be careful what card you use.  This had a grain on it, not much but enough to spoil the brushed ink effect. (Well for me anyway). 

So I hope you like the card.  It just goes to show that you don't need to be afraid of cutting into the dies and using just certain parts of them.  The same can be said for any of Lisa's dies really.  They work so beautifully either way.

Remember we have boards on Pinterest - just search Lisa Horton Crafts and you should get plenty of hits.  We also have our wonderful facebook group - Crafting with Lisa Horton, where we have introduced our monthly challenge.  Different theme each month chosen by one of the Design Team and the prize will be something that Design Team member has made just for our winner.  Trust me when I say that this month's prize, made by the wonderful Erin, is GAWJUSS Darling!!

Lisa will be back on your telebox on March 25th on Create and Craft with some more brilliant designs.  You won't want to miss it.

TTFN
xxx

2 comments: