Friday 10 January 2020

All about Me - Tamara Morton

- Meet the Team - 
Tamara Morton - Demonstrator for Lisa Horton on Create & Craft TV
Design Team Coordinator 
I have been crafting one way or another my whole life (loved
Blue Peter) I would say I started my obsession back in 2005 after receiving a handmade card from a relative. When I look back at that very first card I made (it was truly dreadful) but I thought it was the bees knees. Since then, I have now branched into a variety of crafts from Mixed Media, Painting, Altered Art.

 I started a blog in 2011 which gave me the opportunity to design for Cheery Lynn Dies, Sweet Stamps, The Craft Den and recently Tonic Studios I've had my cards and projects showcased at CHA along with my mini Albums and mixed media pieces.
A few years ago my favourite technique would have been stamping, my copics and card making. Although it’s still something I enjoy doing, I do love to get painty, alter something and adorn it with gorgeousness! I love making memory books from scratch, I adore the process of creating a book from the ground up 
and adding those finishing touches!
 I decided to start up a You Tube Channel where I make online tutorials in making Memory books where I go though each step in detail and from doing these videos I've been able
 to share my crafting skills doing workshops for crafters of every skill level. 

 In 2019 a well know craft company approached me to demonstrate their products on Create and Craft TV (something I would never have done in a million years) but I found that I really loved it and how sharing my love for our hobby sparkle a light.  Over the following months, as I live close to Create and Craft, I would meet Lisa every time she was on air, (a new restaurant for each visit) and have become life long friends.

 I've been lucky enough to have started this journey with Lisa from a seed of an idea, to now being able to demonstrate and represent her products from her fantastic new brand 
LISA HORTON CRAFTS. 

You can find me 




1 comment:

  1. I love your style of crafting especially your memory books. I look forward to learning much more from you ! Xx

    ReplyDelete