Thursday 9 January 2020

All about ELISABETH HOGARTH

- MEET THE TEAM -

ELISABETH HOGARTH

I inherited my love of creating from my Mama, who was an incredible craftswoman. She had a fantastic array of wooden stamps, papers, inks, materials, threads and buttons. As a child I loved to colour, cut and stick paper – in fact I still do!

In addition to bringing up my three children on my own in Chichester, West Sussex : I shared my love of crafting with hundreds of children because I worked as a primary school Teaching Assistant for twenty years.  However, in February 2019 I decided to take the plunge and turn my lifelong hobby into a full-time passion.

I am a card-maker at heart.  During the last ten years, my style has developed and now I would say that it is clean and simple with pops of detail. Luckily, I have been invited onto a few design teams (including Craftwork Cards, Craft Consortium Ltd, The Hobby House, Splash Crafts and Strawberry Moon) which means I am able to share my love of crafting with a wide range of people.  I enjoy running a couple of Facebook groups and have “met” so many wonderful like-minded people.  Crafting is a great leveller.

To be a part of Lisa Horton Crafts new design team is a real thrill.  I am thoroughly enjoying the experience and all the new crafting goodies to play with!  I am looking forward to developing my own skill set and hopefully inspiring others to give something new a try.

“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together” V.V.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment