Monday 3 April 2023

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

 A very good Monday morning to you all.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend despite having withdrawal symptoms from no Friday night live?

Isn't it funny how we all quickly become accustomed to certain things and how it affects us when it doesn't happen?  I felt a bit lost on Friday night - it just didn't feel right did it?

I am sure most of you have seen how fabulous Lisa's booth looks over in the USA.  The Design Team have knocked it out of the part again haven't they?  Considering Lisa only had a small booth I think it looks absolutely stunning and I just know it is going to be a huge hit.  Don' they all look fabulous in their matching polo shirts too?

I am sure there will be more impromptu lives as and when they get time, because I am sure it is going to be super super busy for them all.

***

So, let's get on to what's on this week shall we?

Monday 3rd April

I will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 1pm as usual.  Doing something a little bit way out there today so I do hope you can come and join me.

Also today, the lovely Dawn Wheeler is doing a show for Lisa Horton Crafts and she is on with the ever youthful Mr Nigel May.  Show time is 5pm and there are some fabulous returning items in this show so if you missed some of these earlier releases, why not grab one or two?

Tuesday 4th April

No actual live from Claire this week but she has recorded a video for you all which will pop up in the group at Claire's usual Live time of 2pm so if you fancy having a quick look please do.

Wednesday 5th April

Project Day on the Blog today.

Thursday 6th April

I shall be live (all being well - I'll explain in my live later) in the Crafting with Lisa Horton group at 1pm as usual

Friday 7th April

SHE'S BACK!!

The lovely Lisa will be back doing her usual Friday night live (provided the Jet Lag doesn't stop her) at 7pm.  Links later in the week.

***

Now, you will remember that we are running a new monthly feature where one of our Design Team members chooses their favourite card from the month's posting in the group by our lovely followers.

Well, this month our lovely Karen Stears has chosen her favourite card and here it is.


It is a card done by our lovely Connie Turnbull.  Karen said the reason she chose it was because she loved the way all the colours matched and that it is a very pretty clean and simple card.

So, I contacted Connie, who as you can imagine, was thrilled to pieces to have had her card chosen by Karen.
I asked her a few questions and here is what Connie said:
"Oh my goodness Dawn I’m so overwhelmed. Thank you so so much. I am definitely happy for you to feature my card. I am always inspired by our design team who create phenomenally good cards with such elegance. I do love purple as you all know but I do tend to use surfs up sugar candy and loving the new painted eggshell and shocking pink ink pads quite a lot to help create what I love. One of my most favourite Lisa Horton Products has to be the ultimate and the stencils with embossing 3D folders and die sets including the ink pads These help me to Create beautiful cards with perfect results every time. Crafting gives me relaxation, joy, pleasure and great satisfaction. Lisa Horton Crafts products enable me to achieve great works of art that I couldn’t do before. So I thank Lisa so very much for her hard work and for all her wonderful products. I'd like to add one thing if I may and that is thank you all so much to the members of the design team. You have brought much happiness to all of us crafters. You are the best team ever. Thank you 💜💜"


I hadn't told Connie who had chosen her card so that bit will be a surprise to her.
Well done Connie, and from me I'd just like to say that I love how you always explain everything you have done and what you have used on your cards.  Not only is it interesting to know but it may well help other crafters who are having a bit of a loss of mojo.  So thank you.

So, would you like the opportunity to be our featured card of the month?  Well, all you have to do is post your makes in the group.  Nobody knows in advance who is going to be choosing that particular month's card so it is a lovely surprise all round.  So, what you waiting for?  Get posting! Lol

***
Finally, to our Words of Wisdom

See you Wednesday

TTFN
xxx



4 comments:

  1. A wonderful blog as always Dawn. Lisa, Miriam and friend really look comfortable over in the US and wow 🤩 how stunning does the display look! showing all of the design team cards off so well and there’s one or two newbies there for us in the uk to look forward too.
    Looking forward to the lives this week especially the Friday live there shall be lots of excitement I think 💭 Thank you Dawn for always keeping us informed 😘
    Oh my word how surprised I was when Dawn contacted me regarding card of the month. It’s really kind of Karen Stears to choose my card. Thank you so very much 🥰 💜
    Dawn, I always remember when I joined the group around two years ago now if not more that we were asked to write everything we used for our makes and I guess it just stuck with me. I agree that it can help others to get crafting again when their mojo goes, it happens to me too at times then something just inspires me to create again.
    Another fine set of words of wisdom today.
    Thank you again
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card from Con, and what a lovely surprise. Well chosen Karen and looking forward to the demo from Dawn later Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card by Connie, she is always so happy to share her lovely creations and inspire people in the Facebook group, so it’s fab to see her featured on the blog this month.
    Nice one Con!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much ladies 💜

    ReplyDelete