Monday 13 March 2023

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

A very good Monday morning to you all.

I trust you all had a fabulous weekend?

Mine's been a bit manic if I'm honest.  So you know I am selling lots of my craft stuff that just doesn't get used don't you?  Well, I had a really good response and I am chuffed to bits that so much stuff has sold.  The only down side to it all is that then I have to sort out the postage.  I do it all online and arrange for collection of my parcels from the house.  Not because I'm lazy but because it is less hassle for the lovely lady in our Post Office.  I mean 30 parcels all in one go - can you imagine what the queue would be like?? Lol

So once all those were weighed, labelled and taken downstairs to await collection, there wasn't much of the weekend left.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything but you just don't realise how much stuff you have until you come to sell it!  I have sold loads but I keep looking at what's left and I'm thinking that by this time next year I might just get on top of it all! 😂😂😂

Still, think how much Lisa Horton Crafts product I am going to be able to fit into all that lovely space eh?  Winner winner chicken dinner! Lol

***

Anyway, enough about me.  Lots of you have been asking about the Negative Foiling Plate and how it is used.  So, whilst I could do that in a live it would be a bit time consuming - letting plates warm up etc so the lovely Lorraine has put together a little tutorial here for you all. 

So here you go lovely people - A Negative Foiling Plate Tutorial - just for you!

           You will need
          Hot Foiling Machine
            Die Cutting Machine
        Hot Foil
          2 pieces of card
                Patterned Hot Foil Plate
              Solid Hot Foil Plate



1. Heat your foiling machine and place the patterned plate on to heat when the correct temperature is reached. When the plate is hot place the foil shiny / colour side down followed by card and shims and pass through your die cutting machine.





2. Remove card and peel off foil.


3. Place solid hot foil plate onto your foiling platform any side up and heat


4. When the plate is heated place the piece of foil you removed from the first piece of card shiny side up onto the second piece of card


5. Place on top of the solid plate shiny side down, add shims and pass through die cutting machine.

This is how it now looks.

6. Peel off film carefully and voila you now have two pieces of foiled card and a piece of waste foil.


That was fabulous, thanks so much Lorraine, you're a star!!

***

So here are the weeks events for you - nice and relaxed pace this week.

Monday 13th March

I will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 1pm using the fabulous Narcissus set.

Tuesday 14th March

Claire will be live in the group doing the Sweet Pea stencilling that she had to cancel last week.

Wednesdsay 15th March

Project day on the blog and Oh boy do we have a project for you this week!!

Thursday 16th March

I will be live in the group as usual at 1pm

Friday 17th March

Lisa has her extra special live at 7pm.  Remember you definitely don't want to miss this one.
Links later in the week.

***

Finally to our words of wisdom
See you back here on Wednesday.
TTFN
xxx








 


8 comments:

  1. Good morning Dawn thank you for the lovely blog.
    It’s lovely to hear you’ve gotten rid of so much of your stash making room for the new LHC products. Hopefully sooner rather than later I can go have a clear out and a tidy up in my craft room as you have.
    Thanks to Lorraine for the instructions for the solid foil plate. I haven’t got around to using mine yet. I kept all my negatives especially for this plate arriving and next time I’m foiling I shall definitely be using it.
    It’s lovely of you to always keep us up to date Dawn. Those words of wisdom sure are perfect today.
    Look forward to the live later.
    See you at 1pm
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. I have soooo much more to get rid of, I'm not sure if I will ever get to the end of it. Lol Dx

      Delete
  2. Love your words of wisdom Dawn, how true they are. See you later with all your other LH friends and hope we can share a laugh and a smile Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. I'm sure there will be a laugh or two, as usual. Dx

      Delete
  3. Thanx for the blog Dawn and for the tips on foiling with the blank plate which I have on order. Love the words of wisdom too!! Liz Castle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for the blog Dawn. Isn't sorting stuff out such a mammoth task? I don't know how we accumulate such a lot. Well I do really, I just can't resist anything. I've only been card crafting for less than a year and I can't find space for any more stuff (unless it's Lisa's 😂). Maybe I need to sell stuff I haven't even used yet🤔. Have a fabulous week . Heather Butcher x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I don't think we realise how much stuff we have until it comes to getting rid of it. It's like a full time job - but my Paypal balance is telling me it is all worth the effort. Lol Dx

      Delete