Friday 10 March 2023

FABULOUS FAST CRAFT FRIDAY

 Morning all

I hope you are all ok and coping with the dreaded white stuff??

I love to sit at home and watch the snow but I do hate going out in it.  It used to be my pet hate when I was at work because it was quite a walk from the car park to the office.  And on top of that it was all hilly so a tad treacherous too.  Still, these days I can sit and watch it.  My trusty Tesco delivery driver brought my shopping for me - I did feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, he was wet through and looked so cold.  Mind you I didn't feel that sorry for him - it saved me going out and braving the rain and the cold.  

So, I know soooo many of you ordered your goodies from the TV shows - my question is how on earth did you choose which bundle to go for or did you go for the big bundle?  As always Lisa has been blown away by your ongoing support.  It just means that she can go on creating these wonderful products for you all because you all believe in her.  I'm always amazed at what she comes up with and it feels brilliant that when I say "Wow, Lisa that's fabulous" - it's not just me saying it because you all say it by buying the product.  So thank you from myself and the whole Design Team, without you we wouldn't be having this much fun! Lol

***

If you missed my live yesterday, the edited version is now available to watch on our You Tube channel. Just click the pic to watch.

***
Well, it's Fast Craft Friday so it is over to the lovely Maria Moorhouse for this week's project.

Thanks for joining me again, I decided on bit of stencilling this time, let’s jump straight in.

You will need
Layering stencils Camellia Cluster LHCAS019
Nested Scallop & plain circle dies LHCCD036
Banner sentiments LHCCD053
Nested stitched bubble square dies LHCCD053
Cloud 9 Matt blending inkpads, 
Margarita, Eucalyptus, Almond Frosting, Coral Beach, 
Antique Pink, Rhubarb Jam, Tree Bark.
Ink brushes
LHC Ultimate 





Stencil 1, a nice even layer of Margarita and a touch of Eucalyptus.



Stencil 2, lightly add Coral Beach to the areas in the picture above, and Antique pink as in the picture below.


For stencil 3, add a generous layer of Antique Pink and a touch of Rhubarb Jam for shade.



Stencil 4, a generous layer of Coral Beach, and add shade with a touch of Almond Frosting.



Back to the Antique Pink and Rhubarb Jam combo for stencil 5.


And for stencil 6, use Eucalyptus and Tree Bark.


After a little peek, I decided to add a touch of Almond Frosting to the tips of foliage with stencil 1.


Blend some of your ink colours around a large piece of card and die cut the large bubble square.


Secure this to a 8 inch card blank and add a piece of glitter card die cut with the largest stitched square.


Die cut your stencilled design using one of the large squares from the bubble square set, and then die cut 3 circles.


Lay your stencilled piece onto the glitter card, don’t stick it down yet, add glue and stick the circles down in the positions they were die cut.


Now raise the main piece on foam pads or strips and secure in place.


Add a sentiment, I had several left ready to use from last time I used the banner sentiments.


And stop the clock, I did think I was going to run out of time-20 minutes or less is the brief!
I actually wasted a minute trying to decide which colour sentiment, which do you prefer?




The finished piece, I hope you like!

Thank you Maria, that's a fabulous project.  
I like the dark red banner personally. 😉

***
It's Friday so you all know that means Lisa will be live at 7pm this evening.
Ways to watch are:


Lisa Horton Crafts on Facebook (Lisa's business page)

Crafting with Lisa Horton (our awesome group)

and of course


so, I'll see you all round at Lisa's at 7pm sharp!

***

Finally, to our words of wisdom.


See you Monday

TTFN
xxx







2 comments:

  1. Hope the snow has finished for you Dawn. We did have a bit but it went very quickly. Wow the beautiful new release ….. what else can you say. Amazing quality and designs.
    Thank you Maria for sharing your great tutorial with us. Keep warm everyone xxxx Su xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww beautiful blog as always Dawn x
    I love to look at the snow too but hate being out in it. We’ve skipped shopping today and shall try for tomorrow in the hope that alls well on the roads.
    Aww Dawn you know what? I think every member of our group love Lisa love her products love all of you on the design team who work so hard and not forgetting Danny who has worked very hard to keep us happy in getting the post on the move. I’m so pleased there’s Harrison now to give him a helping hand he’s obviously working just as hard to make us crafters happy. It is certainly our pleasure to be supporting you all. If I’m being honest, I just could not do without you. Your all so wonderfully inspiring so chin chin to the best team of people in the crafting business.
    I adore this card from Maria thank you so much it’s amazing and again hopefully I can get to make this when Iv finished creating with the new goods lol
    Thank you again Dawn for this fabulous blog and always love the words of wisdom.
    See you tonight at 7pm
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete