Monday 6 March 2023

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

Good morning one and all.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

How gorgeous is the new release from Lisa eh?  That super cute little bird house, the boot, the narcissus and the marigold.  It's something a little bit different for Lisa and I think she has totally hit the nail on the head, don't you?

I told you that 2023 was going to be an awesome year didn't I?  It has started off with some pretty awesome releases and it's not going to stop there.  I can promise you that a lot of what you have been asking for is either in the building or in the pipeline.  I'm not saying any more, don't want to give away any secrets now do I? Lol.

The samples in the group from the DT have been simply outstanding and I think they have, once again, knocked it out of the park!  Way to go girls.

***

So it's another busy week for Lisa Horton Crafts this week.

Monday 6th March

I will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 1pm as usual and I am going to be using the gorgeous Home Tweet Home Layering stencils, embossing folder and die set to make a beautiful card.

Tuesday 7th March

Claire will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton group at 2pm

Wednesday 8th March



Lisa will be live on Create and Craft at 4pm and 8pm with her New & Exclusive launch of the fabulous products you saw on Friday evening.  Oh my days they are soooo cute.

And, it's project day on the blog.

Thursday 9th March

Lisa's back at 8am with the third of her New & Exclusive shows.

Also,

I will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 1pm as usual and today I will be using the Boot-iful Layering stencils, embossing folder and die set.  Hope you can join me for that.

Friday 10th March

Lisa will be live at 7pm as usual. (Links later in the week)

***

So today sees the start of our new feature:

CARD OF THE MONTH

The lovely Maria Moorhouse chose this month's card and here is the simply beautiful card that she chose.


Here is what Maria said:
"I just kept going back and looking at this.  I love hydrangeas because the birds love hiding in them and I absolutely love how Leanne has used her pencils to spotlight how detailed the embossing folder is.  Love, love love!

So I messaged Leanne to let her know and asked her a few questions and here is what she had to say.
"Well, I'm absolutely delighted that my hydrangea card was chosen, how lovely and what a lovely surprise.
I love to work with a mixture of different mediums but one of my absolute favourites are my pastel pencils.  I do love all flowers particularly freesias for their beautiful scent.  I do love to work in tones of purples and blues so the hydrangea suited my style very well but I often branch out in to all sorts of strange colourways. From the moment I saw the hydrangea I thought that it was particularly beautiful and a very clever embossing folder.  My future aspirations would be to continue with my experimental style trying new ways of using different mediums with different products and watching what emerges!  I don't always do the "normal" with what I have but enjoy every moment experimenting with my goodies.  I so enjoyed making this hydrangea card, to sit in peace, just me, my pastel pencils and my Pastelmat cardstock was bliss and it's perfect for that little bit of "me time".  If you enjoy what you're doing, you'll see it in your final work."

Thank you Leanne, what a lovely little insight into your crafting life.

So, what are you waiting for?  Get those projects posted in the group and who knows, next month it may well be your card featured here on our fabulous blog.

You know, I write the blog posts, I have assistance from Mary and Maria who add the project posts for me, and also other DT ladies who have projects that are suitable for the blog, but first and foremost this blog is for you, about you and because of you, our wonderful followers and supporters of Lisa Horton Crafts.  Because without any of you - there wouldn't be any of us!  

***
Finally, to our words of wisdom.

See you Wednesdsay.

TTFN
xxx







4 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn what a lovely blog today. The new products bare simply adorable. I really love the boot and the bird house, lots of versatility on those for sure and yes I agree the design team samples are sooooooo gorgeous. As always on the button every time. You should all win an award for best design team your simply awesome and such an inspirational bunch here’s to you all at Lisa Horton Crafts 👏👏👏👏
    I’m so looking forward to the shows.
    It’s lovely to see our wonderful groups cards here. Well done to Leanne on her beautiful hydrangea card which has made this months blog and lovely of Maria for choosing this 😄
    I live those words of wisdom today Dawn. Never a truer word x
    See you at 1pm
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Connie for your lovely words, as always. Dx

      Delete
  2. Tara a lovely blog Dawn and Maria 💕💕

    ReplyDelete