Wednesday 8 March 2023

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY - PROJECT DAY

 Good morning everyone

How's your week going?  Been doing anything nice?

I have been busy in my craft room having a massive (long overdue) sort out and am selling loads of stuff.  It's silly having it sitting on the shelf doing nothing isn't it?  They do say if you haven't used something in twelve months the chances are you never will.  Well, I haven't used this stuff for the last three years - now I wonder why that is?  Answers on a postcard! Lol

Seriously though, it is really therapeutic selling off stuff you don't use anymore and I am slowly beginning to see some extra space for storing my Lisa Horton stash properly.  I think I'll move on to the wardrobes next and get rid of the clothes we no longer wear too.

If you missed my live on Monday the edited version is now available to watch on our You Tube channel if you fancy it.

***

Well, it's Wednesday and you know what that means don't you?  That's right, it's project day here on the blog.  Today we have another jaw droppingly beautiful card from our lovely Mary Kelly so I'll hand you over to Mary.

Modern Florals Acetate Split Card


You will need:

Modern Floral Embossing Folder and Stencils
LHC Blending inks of choice - I used Cobblestones, Spiced Plum, Mossland Green and Sugar Candy
Ultimate
LHC Squiggly Sentiments or similar
Wonder Brushes
Red liner tape - 1/4 inch wide
Construction weight acetate
Pink card
White card
Trimmer
LHC Glue
Scoreboard
Die cutting machine

Step 1: Using the Ultimate and your inks create a panel using Modern Floral stencils and embossing folder.

Step 2: Cut the panel to create two strips 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 inches.

Step 3: : Take a sheet of A4 pale pink card stock and cut to 10 x 5 1/2 inches Score this piece of card along the long side at 6 inches. Fold and burnish. The front of the card will be 2 inches shorter than the back but we will use acetate to bridge the gap. 


Step 4: Cut 2 inches of the card front. Matt and layer with the stencilled strips we prepared in step2. 

Step 5: Cut a piece of construction weight acetate to 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches. Emboss with the Modern Florals embossing folder. Add red liner tape to the long edges of the acetate - I used 1/4inch tape. Attach to the card base as shown. Line up the separate panel with the card back and attach to the acetate. The 4th picture along shows what the inside of the card will look like.






Step 6: Prepare your sentiment - I wanted mine to cross the entire acetate panel so used the Happy Birthday from the squiggly sentiments. I cut mine in white and the same colour pink as the base card.  It is vital to use red liner tape to allow these to stick to the acetate. Your card is complete!






What a fabulous project Mary, thank you so much.
***



Don't forget to watch Lisa this evening at 4pm and 8pm on Create and Craft and if you've already bought your goodies you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the shows.
***
Finally to our words of wisdom.

See you Friday.

TTFN
xxx



2 comments:

  1. What a great project to have a go at. Thank you. My Bird Box and Boot dies should arrive today but not sure if Mr. Postie has taken into consideration that we have about 4"of snow on the ground. I live in a cul-de-sac so it's not well used by anyone but residents and of course deliveries from Lisa. I really enjoyed your Bird Box live this week and look forward to the Boot live. But I do know what I'll be doing this afternoon if he makes it down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo a lovely sort out does you good doesn’t it Dawn? It does feel really great to clear out the old creating space for all our new goods from LHC. X
    Fabulous project from Mary today and if I ever get around to trying some of these from the blog well always something ehi? but I shall get there in the end.
    Im so loving the birdhouse and the boot. Im hoping they shall be delivered soon I’d love to try yours out Dawn the one with post I love it.
    Beautiful words of wisdom again today.
    Looking forward to seeing the shows. Good luck Lisa x
    Lots of love
    Connie
    💜

    ReplyDelete