Wednesday 22 February 2023

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY - PROJECT DAY

Hello all

I hope you are all having a fabulous week so far?

I am sure you have already seen it but Lisa has now loaded what stock she has of the Interference Inks, Hydrangea and Wisteria products that launched a couple of weeks ago on Create and Craft.

I know stock is limited so if you want it you'd best be pretty quick. Lol.

I am spending a couple of lovely days with my two grandsons during half term, something I always look forward to because they just keep me feeling a wee bit younger than I know I am.

This year will also be the first year that both the girls will be able to come and stay at Nannie's house.  Etta has just been that wee bit too small before now but she is becoming a beautiful, loving little girl and is so grown up now that it is time to give it a go and see how we get on.  I'm sure the boys won't like it but they have had Nannie all to themselves for quite a while now so it's only fair. Lol.

***

If you missed my live on Monday the edited version is available to watch on our You Tube channel.  Just click the pic below to watch.

***

It is Wednesday and you all know what that means don't you?  That's right, it's project day here on the blog.  So I will hand you over to the lovely Mary Kelly for another fantastic project.

 Two Cards in one using the Build a Flower stencils and ink release 2!


You will need:
Ultimate
LHC Build a Flower Stencils and Dies
LHC Essential Foliage Stencils and Dies
LHC Blending Inks - (I used Shocking Pink, Sweet Violet, Margarita, Eucalyptus Leaves)
LHC Glue
LHC Squiggle Sentiments
LHC Stencils brushes
LHC Wonder brushes
LHC Satin card
White card
Black card
Trimmer
Scissors
Die cutting machine

Step 1: Stencil and die cut your flowers and foliage



Step 2: Cut a piece of white card to 10 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches. Mark at 5 1/4 on both long sides. Draw a pencil line  - this is where you will line up your die cuts.

Step 3: Lay your flowers and foliage along the pencil line. Ensure you have a good balance across the card. Attach and leave to dry completely. Cut a piece of black card to 5 3/8 x 7 5//8 - this will be a matt layer.



Step 4: Cut your decorated piece of card at 5 1/4inches giving you two halves.

Step 5: Cut two sentiments. I used black satin card stock for the word ' birthday' and white and black for the 'hello'. Attach to the card front. Embellish if desired. Layer up onto the black card and attach to a card base - this can be made by folding a piece of white card, 11 x 7 3/4 inches, into two.
You have two cards for one!

Wow, Mary that really was a corker of a project.  I am definitely trying this one for sure.

***
Finally, to our words of wisdom


See you Friday

TTFN
xxx


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy you time with tge grandchildren Dawn. The project looks fabulous frim Mary. So different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Grand Children are wonderful and another bonus is having a Great Granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog Dawn. I caught up with your live yesterday as I was out with my 7 year old granddaughter on Monday (inset day)! So glad I managed to watch it what an amazing selection of male cards ! Great ideas to work with thank you so much! Sandy Scott 😊

    ReplyDelete