Friday 24 February 2023

FABULOUS FAST CRAFT FRIDAY

Good morning all

Happy Friday to you all.  Have you all had a good week?

I have had a fabulous couple of days with my two Grandsons.  I love spending time with them because they just make me feel so much younger than my years.  They chat away like the fabulous children that they are - I'm not saying I understand what they are going on about because it is all about the games they play on their Switches. Lol  But I listen to them talking to one another and to their friends on the games they play and it just makes my heart sing.

I am finding it really hard to believe that my eldest grandchild is 10 this year - I can remember as clear as day the day he was born.  I was like a cat on a hot tin roof all day long, just waiting for the phone to ring.  Lol.  I'm sure you all know that feeling if you have grandkids.  Now nearly 10 years later, I have four beautiful grandchildren that are the apple of my eye.  Easter will be the first time both the girls have stayed over with Nannie and Grandad and I'm a little bit anxious about that but I know we will all be fine because they are really good sleepers once they are down so roll on Easter I say. Lol.

***

Have you been enjoying the DT samples in the group?  Aren't they simply amazing?

I know I have said this before but Lisa's Design Team are the best in the business aren't they?  We have a really good mix of crafters and every sample that I see really blows me away.

I know that you are going to really love the fabulous Modern Florals Box Kit.  I'm not saying that as a DT member, I am saying that as someone who would move heaven and earth to be able to buy one.  The quality of everything contained in the kit is truly outstanding.  I mean if you can make a card out of a piece of vellum that stands up without bowing that has got to be a winner hasn't it?

***

So it is Fast Craft Friday again this week and I'm going to hand you over to our lovely Maria Moorhouse for another fabulous quick project.


 I thought I’d do something inky for this Fast Craft Friday, great excuse to get my Cloud 9 inkpads out. Let’s see what I can come up with in 20 minutes or less.

For this project you’ll need…

Layering Abstract Squares stencils LHCAS043
Banner Sentiments Stamp & Die set LHCCD053
Butterflies embossing folder & die set LHCEF072
A5 Script Ledger stencil
Ultimate
Ink brushes
Black inkpads
Cloud 9 inkpads, Cobblestones, Spiced Plum, Tranquil Waters, Sugar Candy


Select a medium and small size butterfly dies and die cut masks from sticky notes.
Cut a piece of stamping card big enough for your butterflies, mine is 12cm x 18cm, this will also fit on an A5 card blank with a generous border. Press your sticky masks onto the card with the medium butterfly in the centre.
Lightly brush your 3 bright coloured inks around the butterflies, before inking the brushes up just check to see if there’s enough ink left on the brushes from last time you used them, you might be surprised.

Position the first of your abstract square stencils on the pegs in your ultimate and slide your card under the stencil, ink up your brush with plenty of the Sugar Candy ink and blend, your card is longer than the stencil so simply flip it around to stencil the other end, no need to match a pattern or anything with the abstract squares, easy.

Repeat the stenciling using the two other layering stencils, one for each of your remaining bright colours.

Now for the script stencil, this one doesn’t have peg holes so simply tuck your card and stencil up in the corner of the ultimate, stencil with the Cobblestones ink.

Remover your masks and reveal your bright white butterflies, I do love using my LHC dies etc in different ways. layer your design onto coloured card to match your ink colours, and fix onto an A5 card blank.

Choose another card colour that looks good next to your ink colours, use your black inkpad to stamp the Banner Sentiments and die cut, I know I used these on the last Fast Craft Friday too but they are a favourite.

Select your sentiments, ooh so many to choose from, add them to your design across the butterflies. I’ve glued to keep the whole project flat to save postage, but they would look great with foam pads too, maybe a few sparkly gems?

Stop the clock! 19 minutes 6 seconds, mission accomplished. 

Thank you for joining me again, I hope you enjoy having a go at this project, would love to see it in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Facebook group.♥️

That's just such a fabulous project Maria, thank you so much.

***

Well, obviously it is Friday so that means our lovely Lisa will be live at 7pm as usual.

Places to watch include:

Lisa Horton Crafts on You Tube (best option)

Lisa Horton Crafts on Facebook (Lisa's business page)

Crafting with Lisa Horton on Facebook

and

Lisa's website front page

So plenty of places for you to join in.  No matter where you watch, Lisa can see all your comments so remember to join in and please remember to Like and Share the live to be in with a chance of winning a prize.

Talking of winning prizes, have you commented on the video that Lisa mentioned last week yet?

Here is the link for the video just in case you haven't commented yet.


See you round at Lisa's at 7pm

***

Finally to our words of wisdom

So very very true.

See you soon.
TTFN
xxx




9 comments:

  1. The design team have produced a fantastic range of samples in both techniques and dimensions for the new box kit and extras. It's these samples which win me over if I'm sitting on the fence each time there's a new collection. Thank you to the team for all the inspiration, not only when promoting new items but afterwards too, as you never feel lost after buying a product and wondering what to do with it once you've got it. There's always inspiration on the various platforms.
    What a great project Maria has produced this week. I'm definitely going to have a go at this one. It will have to be a variation as I don't have all the materials but that will be part of the fun. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. We always try and keep the inspiration going where we can and don't forget we also have our You Tube channel too where you can find more inspiration. Dx

      Delete
  2. Katherine parsons24 February 2023 at 12:57

    They produce beautiful cards 😍 and have such amazing crafting ability

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the design team are amazing and so is Lisa’s products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you Heather and I have to agree with you about Lisa's products too. Dx

      Delete
  4. Fab fast card Maria. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    The modern florals box kit….. well…. What can you say!!!!
    Enjoy your Easter with your grandchildren Dawn. Su xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Su. It is hard to come up with words to describe the box kit that haven't already been said. Lol Dx

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful blog with lots of information as usual.
    So pleased you had a lovely time with the grandchildren Dawn. It’s lovely to hear they enjoy their time with you both and it shall be wonderful to have them staying over at Easter.
    That’s a brilliant card Maria I love it but then which card do I not love lol
    The new box kit is absolutely phenomenal one fabulous kit for sure. I am unable to purchase this time but there’s always more a head in the future for us crafters. I do look forward to seeing everyone’s beautiful cards in the group x
    Thank you for the wonderful words of wisdom Dawn 😘
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete