Wednesday 11 January 2023

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY - PROJECT DAY

Hello everyone

Oh I can't tell you how good it felt to be back doing the lives for you.  It was lovely to see so many of you watching on Monday and again yesterday for Claire.  I hope you missed us as much as we missed you?

Well, Monday turned out to be quite a day I can tell you.

I did my live at 1pm which was fab and then I sat and edited the video to upload to You Tube.  So far so good.  All edited and uploaded to You Tube, no problem.  Then I took the photograph to add the thumbnail to the video - you know, the little picture with all the details and a photo on.  Well, went to my compute to edit the photo and my File Explorer wouldn't respond - so I thought - "I know, I'll just restart the computer that should fix it!"  Oh how wrong I was.

It just crashed.  Black screen with the computer name on it - nothing else!! 

Panic set it as I am sure you can imagine.  Went downstairs to he who knows everything about everything - well that's what he tells me, lol - "my computer won't work" says I - his response?? "what do you mean won't work?"  - Derrrr, it doesn't take a degree in languages to work it out does it? "It won't do anything!" I said, getting just a tad annoyed.  So, he comes upstairs to my craft room and looks at it.  I mean - he actually just looked at it!!  What was he hoping? Did he think if he looked at it long enough he would scare it into working? Lol

So, we googled, we You Tubed, we googled some more - then I messaged Lisa.  She gave me loads of things I could try - still nothing.  (Ugly tears are flowing now!)  So we decided to walk away and come back the day after and hope that it had come to its senses.  As he picked up his laptop and mouse (well actually my mouse rather than his) he must have pressed something on the mouse and the computer suddenly burst back into life!  Ok, it took ages to load everything and sort itself out but it worked!  I decided I couldn't touch it again in case it went wrong again so went and had my meal and came back to look at it again later - Fingers crossed it seems to be ok.  So I have spent today getting rid of loads of stuff that I don't need and it seems to be behaving. Phew.  Flipping technology - it's great when it works but when it doesn't, gosh it is scary! 😱

***

So, moving on. 

If you missed my live on Monday here is the link to the edited version on our You Tube channel.

And, if you missed Claire's live from yesterday, here is the link you will need to watch it on You Tube.

***
Remember Lisa is on TV later at 4pm with the brand new Stencils and  Embossing Folders that Claire and myself have featured in our lives this week.  And then again on Thursday at 8am. As an added bonus Lisa is also doing an hour on Craft Extra at 10am on Thursday 12th so don't miss that one will you?
We will stream the live shows to our You Tube channel as well as the front page of Lisa's Website so plenty of places to watch.

***

I will be back live at 1pm tomorrow in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group and I think I will use the fabulous Cosmos Border just so you have a little bit more inspiration for the new products.

***

So finally here is the project for today from the lovely Maria Moorhouse.



You will need
Harlequin slimline 3d embossing folder LHCEF128
Posy Builder cutting dies LHCCD145
Nested Stitched Bubble Squares cutting dies LHCCD105
White card
Black card
Coloured card for flowers and leaves
Mirror card
Acetate
White pen
Glue and double sided tape
Thick foam pads or shaker tape
Pencil, ruler, eraser
Trim a piece of white card to 6 inches square, use a ruler and pencil to mark each side lightly at 3 inches and draw a grid very lightly.

Lay the 5th from smallest die from the bubble square set so that all four corners pass through the pencil grid. This die is a tiny smidge over 8cm. Secure with tape and die cut.

Trim a piece of black card to 6 1/4 inch square. Lay your die cut white card over the top ensuring you have an even black border all around, position the 4th from smallest square die in the centre, secure with tape, put the white layer to one side and die cut the black layer.

Use the Harlequin folder to emboss one half of the white card.

Flip the card around and emboss the other half.

Stick the black and white layers together. Die cut some flowers and leaves from the Posy Builder set and add to your embossed frame. TIP, if you have a visible line where the two halves of embossing meet, you can position your flowers/leaves to disguise.
Turn your project over and use double sided tape to secure a piece of acetate over the centre aperture, then add a ‘frame’ of either foam pads or shaker tape.

Emboss a 4 1/2 inch piece of mirror card and stick it on the middle of a 7 inch card blank.
Die cut a few more flowers and sit them in the middle of the mirror card, remove the foam pad tape from your decorated black and white panel and stick it onto the card, carefully making sure you have an even border all around.
Add accents with a white pen and embellish as desired.

Thank you Maria, it is such a gorgeous project.
Remember to share you makes people if you decide to give it a go.

***
And finally, to our words of wisdom.


See you Friday.

TTFN
xxx





12 comments:

  1. Technology is great when it works Dawn
    Glad you sorted it after being frustrated and wondering what to do.
    I have visitors today so will catch up with Lisa later
    Lovely project from Maria

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ae so right Christine. It is a lovely project isn't it? Will you be giving it a go? Dx

      Delete
  2. Don't you just hate that Dawn. I have a iprinter that says it has a paper jam. I got the paper out, switched it off and on. Still says it has a paper jam. It says to open the back, but I can't see that the back opens. But I do need to fix it. My hubby isn't very technical in that sort of thing. But I'll give it a bash again lager today. I loved the live on Monday. I can't wait for my waterlily to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh how annoying. Sometimes it is the tiniest piece of paper stuck in the rollers. The back will open somehow. Hope you get it sorted easily. Dx

      Delete
  3. Oh Dawn, what a stressful time you had! I have no clue about computers. Fortunately hubby knows more than me! Looking forward to Lisa's shows.
    Hope the rest of the week is stressless for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I know a bit about them but once they go wrong I am totally lost!! Hence my total and utter panic. Never mind, hopefully all sorted now. Dx

      Delete
  4. Aww Dawn I feel for you, nothing worse than when the computer crashes, I would have been blamed for the loss by Mr don’t do nothing wrong as I haven’t got a good track record with technology but at least you managed to get it back, I can imagine the sigh of relief, lovely to have you & Claire back doing what you do best, just looking forward to the shows now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting on a bit now Val and I know that at some point I may have to go out and rob a bank and get a new updated one. Fingers crossed this one loves me just a little bit longer. Dx

      Delete
  5. Glad you got it sorted, I now have two lives to catch up with and then Lisa later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them both. I'm really looking forward to Lisa's shows too. Dx

      Delete
  6. The joys of technology. I was just thinking what a disaster it would be if I lost all my crafty files. Think I need to be better at backing things up. It's amazing how much time is wasted fixing things when you could be doing something nice. Glad you got sorted. The lives have been great this week. Thankyou. Heather Butcher x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit scary Heather. I have spent the last few days getting rid of stuff I don't need and backing up the stuff I need to keep - so on the upside it made me do that and now my computer is quicker too! Lol Glad you have enjoyed the lives. Dx

      Delete