Friday 2 December 2022

FABULOUS FRIDAY

Good morning everyone.

Well, another week is drawing to a close.  Where on earth does the time go to I wonder?

So on Wednesday my grandson had to go into hospital for a small operation.

He was a little quiet when they visited Nanny on Monday and I think he was quite apprehensive about what was to come.  So off he went with Mummy and Daddy and he was sooo good.  The nurses said he was very grown up, laid back with a positive attitude and answered all the questions that were asked of him. (He is only 7 by the way).

When he came round from his op he was in visible pain and so was given a couple of doses of meds which made him sleepy.  That was fine except that he wasn't allowed to go home until he had been up out of bed and had a walk round.  When mummy told him he might have to stay in hospital overnight, he was up and out of that bed and walking around like a trooper.  Bless him.

They finally got home around 9.40 Wednesday night, had a MacDonald's on the way home and then watched Harry Potter as by that time he was wide awake. Lol

It's so hard watching littlies going through stuff like this isn't it?  I mean I wasn't there with him but he was on my mind all day.  It was a relief to finally know he was back home and ok. 

***

I hope you all watched our lovely Lisa on TV yesterday and this morning.  You all seemed to be loving those foiling plates didn't you?  I have to admit, I think I am a little bit addicted to foiling now.  I wonder if Lisa is bringing anything else out to do with foiling??????

***

So if you missed Claire's brilliant live on Tuesday, here is the link to the edited version on our You Tube Channel

and likewise, if you missed my live yesterday with the foiling plates, here is the link to the edited version.  Now I say edited - but it is still quite long. Lol

***

So Friday always brings a Friday night live with our lovely Lisa.

I just hope she has fully recovered from her two days at TV.  They do like to make her work hard when she is there I can tell you.

The response to the question about what you wanted to see Lisa Demo was amazing, thank you all for commenting.  So the overall response was two fold - foiling and watercolouring.

As Lisa was going to be demoing foiling on TV for two days we decided that I would do the foiling and then Lisa could have a more relaxed live and do some watercolouring with you.

I'm not sure what she is using yet but I just know it will be awesome.  She is really good at watercolouring and I could watch her for hours on end.  I find it so relaxing to watch.

You can watch on:

You Tube

Lisa Horton Crafts Facebook Page

Crafting with Lisa Horton Group page

Lisa's Website

Remember to go and comment on the video that Lisa mentioned in her last live.  (I have added a link to it here to make life easier for you - but ssssshhhhh don't tell Lisa I helped you out!)

Okay folks, I think that's it for another week.

See you at Lisa's place tonight at 7pm 


TTFN

xx

8 comments:

  1. Glad your grandson is okay - sounds like he's a real trooper! Need to catch up.with Claire's 'live' as been out and about getting a few bits towards Christmas. Loved your hints and tips re foiling and will definitely be trying some out - just waiting on my plates arriving - and I know they're on the way. Looking forward to Lisa's demo tonight - see you later! Su Robson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su. He plays Rugby on a Sunday and is more gutted about missing that than anything else. Lol Dx

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn… I know that feeling only too well, regarding our grandchildren being little troopers. They can be so brave. Mine are 6 & 7 brothers. The little one has just recovered from Scarlet fever and now has a bad throat and a cold😱 he has had to go through surgeries for a shattered pelvis and femur. The worry takes its toll on us nannies.
    Wishing your grandson a speedy recovery. Lots of cuddles and kisses from nanny will help!
    Regards
    Julie Andrews xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Julie that must have been scary and Scarlet Fever can be really nasty too. I think it is more stressful being a Nanny because we have even less control than mum and dad. I hope he will be fully recovered in time for the big man's visit. Dxx

      Delete
  3. Josephine Thomas2 December 2022 at 15:26

    Afternoon Dawn. So glad your grandsons op went well. Hope he recovers quickly. Thank you for all you and love your demos! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so pleased your little man is ok Dawn. It is always a worry when anything happens to our grand children. You just feel that you wish you could do it for them. He’s ok so that’s a big relief for all of you. Su x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dawn I am so relieved to hear your grandson is home now. It is really hard when you watch the little ones go through all this. I wish him a very speedy recovery 💜
    I did catch up with Claire’s live and the rest of yours too both of which were fabulous and always full of information 😘
    Look forward to Friday with Lisa see you all there x
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete