Wednesday 30 November 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY - SOMEONE SPECIAL

Good morning lovely people.

I hope your week is going well?

I had a lovely little visit from my grandchildren on Monday after they had finished school.  It is always a joy to see them and they lift my spirits no end.  They stayed and had some tea before Mummy had to drive home in the fog!!  I am sure they came to see me because they love their Nannie and Grandad - not because Nannie always buys Advent Calendars for them all.  Lol.  I even buy one for Amie and one for her partner.  Amie usually has a calendar with waxes in, you know the ones you burn to make the house smell nice, but she said she has loads of waxes and didn't need any more so this year she has had a Lindt one and Mark, her partner had a Toblerone one (mind you he nearly didn't get it because I LOVE Toblerone, lol)

Nobody ever buys me an Advent Calendar though! Ah well, I don't need the extra calories I suppose. Hahaha.

***

So, onto business.  

Here is the link to the edited version of my live in case you missed it.

I will be live in the group at 1pm as usual on Thursday so I hope you can join me.


Remember that Lisa is live on Create and Craft on Thursday and Friday of this week.



I did put times in the blog post on Monday but just as a little reminder here they are again:
Thursday 1st December
4pm and 8pm
Friday 2nd December
8am
Bonus, she is on with the ever lovely Nigel May.  I always look forward to Lisa's shows on TV but never more so than when she is on with Nigel.  They just go together so well don't they?

 ***

Wednesday again and that means another fabulous project.

This week's project is from the lovely Maria Moorhouse.

YOU WILL NEED
Ornamental Lattice die set 
Bold phrases die set
Foliage elements embossing folder and die set
Crazy paint embossing folder 
Bronze and Copper waxes
Flat brush
Scoreboard 
Black card
Gold card
Various neutral card 




Use the large outside edge cutting die from the ornamental lattice set and cut from a piece of neutral card. Score in half and emboss one half with the crazy paint folder, this is now your base card.



Cut a lattice and back panel from different coloured card.


Stick the lattice and back layer together and secure onto your embossed base card.

Use the foliage element set to cut and emboss two pieces of Ivy in black card. Spread a small amount of the waxes on a craft sheet, pick up tiny amounts at a time with a flat brush and brush backwards and forwards across the Ivy.



Cut two more pieces of Ivy from gold card, stick the black pieces over the gold and offset very slightly so you can just see a little of the gold.



Use the someone special dies to cut a gold sentiment and black back layer, stick together.



Secure the Ivy and sentiment to the card.

What a fabulous project.  Thank you Maria.
Remember to share your makes in the group if you decide to give this a go folks. 

TTFN
xx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I can’t see the pictures of the project Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't see pictures.....have refreshed few times, but no joy !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I’m glad you had a lovely time with your family on Monday. As you say it’s always good to see the grandchildren 🥰
    Fabulous live on Monday as always Dawn always enjoyable and inspirational.
    I have Lisa in my calendar on my mobile and shall be reminded of the shows not that I shall forget lol
    Love the card from Maria. I have so many I’d like to try one day I shall get around to it.
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie, I'm so glad you enjoy the lives. Dx

      Delete