Friday 30 September 2022

COLOURFUL FRIDAY

 Morning all

I hope we find you healthy, happy and safe.  

To all of our USA friends, I hope that the damage has not been too bad where you are.  Please stay safe and look after each other.

***

If you watch any of my lives you know I tend to go on about light and shade when I am doing my stencilling.  I have followed art groups who teach about light source, blending and depth of colour for many years and I have recently joined an Academy for coloured pencil artists.  


Many of you will have seen the pencil drawing I did for Lisa of the lovely Prudence - that was my first attempt at coloured pencil art and I have to say I was hooked from day 1.  I am currently on my second piece for a very dear friend and I am hoping that it will be finished in time to gift for Christmas.

When I was at school, I wanted to do Art as one of my subjects but I was told that my art wasn't anywhere near good enough for that to be considered. So I ended up not taking Art and that is a decision I wish I had challenged at the time - one of my few regrets in life.


What's my point I hear you asking.  Lol.

My point is this lovely people - if you feel like you want to try something new - just do it!  You may not get it right the first time you try it, you may not even get it right the second time.  BUT - if it is something you are passionate about - don't give up.  Try walking away for a couple of days, maybe even weeks and then go back to it - if you still feel the same - try again.  Believe in yourself - it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks - not your partner, your children, your friends, your colleagues - NO-ONE!

Put some time aside for yourself - try the things you want to try - if you love it - great - if you don't - try something else. 😄

Above all else, believe in your dreams and have the confidence to give it a go.  I wish I had tried my hand at coloured pencil art years ago, way before I took early retirement - maybe, just maybe I could have had a better life doing what I wanted to do not what I ended up doing!

Life is short - Live it to it's fullest!

***

If you missed Claire's live on Tuesday just click the pic below to watch it on You Tube.


Likewise, if you couldn't join me yesterday for my live, the pic below will take you to the edited version on You Tube.

And Finally........

Remember, our lovely Lisa will be live tonight at 7pm.

You can either watch on You Tube - on Lisa Horton Crafts (Lisa's business page) or on our Facebook Group, Crafting with Lisa Horton.  So plenty of places to watch.

Remember to like and share the video to be in with a chance of winning a fabulous Giveaway prize.  I can tell you that the Prizes for the Giveaway are always awesome.  Doesn't matter where you are in the World either - it is open to everyone, everywhere.


So, that's it for now.  

See you Monday with a lovely new feature which will run for the next few weeks.

Have a fabulous weekend

TTFN

xx


10 comments:

  1. Totally agree about trying new things and not giving up. It’s not crafting but this is what happened to me with cycling. Tried a few times on a normal bike and it wasn’t for me. Then Hubby persuaded me to try a pedal assist bike. He’s had 2 for ages. OMG now I’m hooked lol.
    Need to catch up with both lives. Also need to have more of a play with my new goodies. Off to Scotland on Saturday for week so crafting will take a bit of a back seat but will keep up with the group etc. WiFi permitting of course.
    Looking forward to Lisa’s live as always and definitely need the balloon folder/stencils set. It looks fabulous. Thanks again Dawn. Karen Keen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a lovely holiday Karen. 🥰

      Delete
  2. A colourful blog indeed. It’s definitely good to try something you’ve always been interested in and just go for it. It really is worth the while. I saw your drawing of prudence, it was such a fabulous one at that. Years ago when a machine came out that was programmed to cut out any design on card was so fascinating to me and my husband said it could be just a fad. I didn’t get one. My interest was so high for this machine, a bit like the cricut and scan and cut do now. Years later I called at a local craft shop for a pack of envelopes and heard laughing and joking in the background. The owner of the shop had taken me to see what was going on and it was a craft group making beautiful cards, I joined this class at the time and knew this is what I’d been waiting for and here I am today creating and doing something that’s always been in my heart and boy do I enjoy it. Thanks to all you lovely people I have a lot more knowledge and skills to make beautiful cards and of course only the best using Lisa’s products to which I’m most certainly grateful.
    Fabulous lives this week with Dawn and Claire. I shall definitely try your techniques and designs when I can. Now looking forward to Lisa at 7pm
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely when you find something you love and that brings a smile to your face isn't it? I love the fact that you always try and make the projects from the lives and from the blog. I'm so happy that crafting gives you so much joy Connie, and long may it continue. xx

      Delete
  3. Years ago before dies, etc I used to make all the demo cards for a small firm called Small Beauties, this lady produced actual coloured photos of real flowers scenes etc which I sometimes decoupaged using my imagination with coloured card which I cut into different shapes in order for her to sell the papers at the large craft shows. I was very proud at the time because I was just my imagination making the cards that enabled her to sell her products. Then the new type of card making took over which enabled people to make and design easier. Anne Whitfield

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely Anne. I hope she showed you some appreciation for the work you put in.

      Delete
  4. Good for you Dawn, better late than never & we are getting the benefit of your experience in your lives, I too loved art at school I also loved making things,mum taught me to knit & I would crochet as well, blue peter & take hart were favourite’s to watch, then when you grow up & family life takes over things like this take a back seat, now in later years the rise of the craft industry has been a revelation to me & my love of making things has returned xx Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Val, I loved Tony Hart. When he was on Vision On I sent in a picture for the gallery. I was a bit gutted because it didn't get chosen but hey ho, I had loads of fun making it. xx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are following your dream albeit later than you wanted. You certainly inspire us with your demos. I had to drop art at school for a subject I needed for my career and always felt peeved about that. Like you I'm now retired and so happy to be indulging my creative and artistic side by painting and also using Lisa's fabulous products. The FB page enables us to see other makes and communicate with like minded people, which is fantastic. Thank you for this blog too Dawn. Liz Castle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we had the ability to see into the future eh Liz? Glad you have been able to rekindle your creative and artistic side too. xx

      Delete