Friday 29 May 2020

Sunshine Tag

Sunflower Tag by Jane Robinson



Hey there!
Welcome back to our blog.
I’m Jane, and have recently joined the Design Team for Lisa Horton, and I’m here today to hopefully inspire you to try this project or something similar. Give it a go, then post in our group, and perhaps tag me with your amazing creation.
This quick and easy project will have you exploring your creativity in no time. Most of the products I used are from Lisa Horton Crafts, and can be found here



I started off by looking in my stash for a tag like base. I came across
some oval shaped card. I suddenly remembered; I’d saved these after buying some new socks. I’d bought some of those little trainer socks from Primark, and the socks were displayed over them. I kept them thinking they would come in useful someday.
Well… someday arrived, and I quickly dug out my stencils, acrylic paints, and other crafty goodies.

First step:
I laid a base coat of white gesso, even though the tags were originally white, they had a shiny surface. I need any medium I use to adhere well, so gesso is definitely the way to go, as it provides a primed base which will take anything your crafty hands will throw at it.
I used my heat tool, on the number one setting to dry.

Step two:
I used Lisa’s ‘Pennies In A Line’ stencil and Decoart Marigold Acrylic paint to create the background. The paint was applied sparingly, using a make-up sponge.

Third step:
I mixed some of Lisa’s Sunshine Mica Pigment Powder with some gritty structure paste, and a drop of ink refill in a summery yellow colour. Then pushed that through LHC ‘Spring Bloom’ stencil.

Step four:
Make a brew while the structure paste dries :D

Step five:
I used a finger dauber to colour the centre of the blooms with a dark brown shade of ink, used the same colour to stamp the script using LHC ‘Textures’ stamp set, and also ink up the edges for a distress look.

Sixth step:
I cut apart one of the white sentiment strips from LHC ‘Wordage Sheets’, coloured it with the same acrylic paint, and adhered using 3D silicone glue.

I finished it off with a brown cord tie.

Thanks for taking a peek today, be kind to each other.
Jane xoxo




10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jane. Such a bright and cheery tag. Hope the present lives up to the tag!! Lol xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had saved my trainer sock backs now, This is a fab project xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha lol... you'll remember next time you buy some new socks ;)

      Delete
  3. This is a fabulous project Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam. I'm enjoying hoarding what looks like rubbish and using it craftily lol xx

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete