Thursday 28 May 2020

Butterfly Memories

Hi there, Miriam with you today.  I can't believe how quickly May has gone.  

I am sharing with you one of the mini book cases that I decorated for Lisa's show on May 7th.  It was an amazing show.


I painted my book case and created a crackle effect.



I stamped over the book case using Textures stamp - this is my new 'go to' stamp set.  It is just so versatile and adds the smallest of detail to my projects - I love it!



I also used the fabulous Stamperia moulds which, once dry. were painted black and gilded using the Stamperia wax.


I simply love all of this texture on the book case.  It makes my heart skip a beat!



Next, I started to create my books.  I wanted them to be for memories and sketches.  



I used the wonderful Butterfly stamps which can be found here, here and here.


I chose to colour the butterflies using grey scale polychromo pencils.


I used the Wordage sheets for the quotes on each of the books.  I really can't get enough of these.  They are amazing.



So, there you have it.  My mini book case and books.  I totally loved using this and there are so many possibilities.  

You can see more detail in a short YouTube video here.

Thank you so much for joining me today.  I hope to see you over on the Facebook group - Crafting With Lisa Horton.

Happy Crafting!
Miriam



2 comments:

  1. I adore this bookcase and books Miriam. Such a classy little set.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning project. I love the colouring of the butterflies.xx

    ReplyDelete