Tuesday 17 March 2020

Tina Foster - The Spring Hanging Basket



HI everyone, its great to know you're taking a look at my latest blog for Lisa Horton Crafts. Thank you so much for joining me.  I decided to have a spring theme this time, and thought about what I like most about this time of year. Hanging baskets make a lovely display in the garden, and they will also form a pretty card too.



The Spring Hanging Basket

Tools
Nested Flags Die Set
Daisy Burst Edgers Die Set
Four Point Flowers Die Set
Four Point Flowers Stamp Set
Ticker Tape Sentiments Stamps
Green Sisal
Corner Rounder
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Squeezed Lemonade
2 Eyelets

I started my project with a 5inch x 9inch card blank, and shaded the centre slightly with a Distress Oxide Ink Pad in Squeezed Lemonade to add a little interest in the background.

Next I die cut my basket by taking a flag die, use the 5th largest one and cut it with a trimmer as shown in the photograph. 



Do this 3 times and then stick them together as shown.


Make a hole on each side of the basket for your eyelets and pop one on each side in the colour of your choice. Add double sided foam tape to the back of the basket after shaping the sides with your scissors - to give it a little dimension. Stick it on to your card.

Next, I used the the largest of the nested flags die and cut out 3 straight pieces for the hangers. I thought i would do it this way to get the stitched detail.


Push one end through the eyelet and fasten to the card with glue, making sure it is pointed to the centre of the card. 

Attach the middle one directly to the card. I took a little of the green sisal and popped it on the card above the rim of the basket with a little glue. 

Die cut your flowers in the desired colours. I used mostly the daisies with just a couple of the four point flowers. 



Stamp your leaves and then die cut them curling the edges to add dimension and place them amongst the flowers.



Die cut two of the smallest flags, stamp your message using the ticker tape sentiments and add to the flags, then use foam tape to attach to your card. 

Finally I cut 2 of the four point flowers and mounted them on foam tape. I stuck down the hangers leaving a little slack to drape over the flowers and placed the four point flowers over the top!

Hope you’ve enjoyed making your spring basket! Until next time, happy crafting!!! 🌸

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Jackie. Thanks for your comment. Stay safe.

      Delete
  2. I am definitely going to try this Tina, thanks for sharing how you made it. It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawn. I’m glad you found it enjoyable. Stay safe x

      Delete
  3. The way you cut into the tag is so clever. This is a great tutorial for a fabulous project xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisabeth. I’m so glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this tutorial..one if my favourite projects .. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely of you to say that Lisa Jane. I’m so happy that you found it helpful. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete