Monday 27 January 2020

Texture Tag with Stencils and Greyboard Heart

Mixed Media MDF Tag by Nikki for Lisa Horton Crafts

Hi everyone, Nikki here with my first blog post! Today I am sharing an MDF tag I have altered using the Heart Flurry Stencil - one of the stencils Lisa has designed.

Mixed Media MDF Tag by Nikki for Lisa Horton Crafts

I started by adding texture paste through the stencils and then with my palette knife creating additional texture by scraping into the surface a little. Once dry I covered the entire tag with black gesso.

I then dry brushed with white gesso carefully highlighting only the raised surface. This is one of my favourite techniques allowing me to then add washes of coloured paint over the surface that are only visible on the white highlights... the black areas remaining black.

Mixed Media MDF Tag by Nikki for Lisa Horton Crafts

I used the same technique on the MDF hearts but this time the texture was created without the stencil.
I added a little pink sisal underneath.


Mixed Media MDF Tag by Nikki for Lisa Horton Crafts

Finally I stamped one of the greetings from the Ticker Phrases stamp set.

See you next month
Nikki 
xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nikki, I will be learning lots from you too as mixed media is not my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely scrumptious textures here, and such dramatic, rich colours. This is a fabulous tag. I love the heart right on top with those highlighted whorls and knobbles (just making words up now!). Looking forward to seeing what else you get up to here, Nikki - congratulations!
    Alison x
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nikki! What a beautifully colored and textured tag! I loved reading how it came together, and for your sharing your crafty secret! Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this ..the colours and textures are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the detail in this tag and reading how you pulled it all together. Great work xx

    ReplyDelete