Sunday 26 January 2020

Greyboard Embellishments {By Rachel}









I've been having great fun the last couple of weeks playing with some Lisa Horton Crafts products so I thought I'd share one of the things I like to do with grey board elements.



These hearts are part of Lisa's new range, first things first if you want your colour to have more vibrancy you'll want to gesso the top surface of your piece, if you want a more muted less defined colour you can leave this, if you don't have gesso a bit of white Matt acrylic will do the job.











Once this layer has dried I start with adding just a little scrap of paper from an old book I keep for mixed media projects

I then use distress oxide in a colour that's going to match my project, that one of the best things about creating your own embellishments, you can make them to coordinate with whatever you are doing, you can use any media with them and get all kinds of effects.

Then I use a clear in pad an squish the greyboard into it thoroughly.



Then it's time to add clear embossing powder and use the heat gun to melt it whilst it's still warm I put another layer of embossing powder on, if it's still warm the powder will stick without more clear ink.


I then use some glue and stick whatever bits I feel drawn to, in this instance, I used a word cut from Lisa Horton's ticker tape stamps, some stars and some Lisa Horton sisal.


Once the glue has dried I squish it on the clear ink pad and use clear embossing powder again and I repeat this another time or two, be careful as the melted embossing powder get very hot and can drip so a heatproof mat and tweezers could come in very handy.

I can then add it to my project, in this case a journal page I'm working on.



 I really love this technique, I hope it's useful to you, greyboard is so resilient you can throw all sorts of layers at it and get lots of different effects, I look forward to sharing more techniques and projects soon 
❤️❤




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much I’m so glad you enjoyed it ❤️

      Delete
  2. Great project and brilliant tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super tutorial. I’m going to add this to my list of techniques to try xx

    ReplyDelete