Friday 24 January 2020

A trio of Daisy Burst cards



Hello everyone!



Welcome to my first blog post as part of "Lisa Horton Crafts" Design Team.  I must say, I am delighted to be able to show you a few of the cards that I made for Lisa's launch show.  By the time you read my post, you will probably have seen all of the new collection.  My cards will be focusing on the Daisy Burst stamps and cutting dies. 


Card 1 - Daisy Burst Wreath

I began by stamping and die cutting several flowers in pale yellow. Then (using a stamping platform) I stamped a circle of daisies in pale blue. Next I stamped a sentiment using the very useful Ticker Phrases stamps. To complete the card, I placed the yellow cut out daises in between the blue stamped out daisies and added a coordinating pearls. The wreath was then mounted on the new Bali papers and yes I did gut the centre!

https://www.createandcraft.com/gb/pp/lisa-horton-edgecutz-die-and-dl-stamp-daisy-burst-flourish-set-506901?query=fh_view_size%3d24%26fh_maxdisplaynrvalues_brand_cc%3d-1%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fcreateandcraft%252fen_GB%252f%2524s%253dlisa_horton_crafts%26fh_sort%3d-_match_rate%252c-onair_cc%252c-new_cc%252c-hasimage_cc%252c-salescash_cc%252c-stock_cc





Here is a close of the shimmering pearls which come in a range of coordinating colours.

https://www.createandcraft.com/gb/pp/lisa-horton-ab-pearl-sets-with-pick-up-tool-506947?query=fh_view_size%3d24%26fh_maxdisplaynrvalues_brand_cc%3d-1%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fcreateandcraft%252fen_GB%252f%2524s%253dlisa_horton_crafts%26fh_sort%3d-_match_rate%252c-onair_cc%252c-new_cc%252c-hasimage_cc%252c-salescash_cc%252c-stock_cc





Card 2 Daisy Burst Flourish Stamp.

Within the Daisy Burst stamp set is a sizeable flourish stamp. I stamped it out 3 times (using black Versafine Clair ink) before framing a chosen part of the image. This was die cut using a square. All three squares were then mounted up onto a vibrant green strip of paper, then a black strip and stuck onto the card blank along with a Ticker Phrases sentiment.





Look how well the stamps print out. :)





Card 3 - Retro Gatefold.

I love using rich orange and black together. I think it reminds me of my childhood in the 1970s.

I am going to show you the inside of this gate fold card first which is stamped using the Daisy Burst flourish stamp (as seen above) with orange ink. Next I used the individual Daisy Burst stamps to stamp over the flourish with black ink. A Ticker Tape Phrase sentiment was then added to complete the card.



 

Next I pulled out one of the funky new stencils to play with. This design is called :
Pennies in a Line (it should be available from Lisa Horton Crafts later this year)
and I created my own background paper, by simply stencilling and stamping. I wanted the design to be bold so I sponged on two layers of the orange ink before taking one of the smallest daisy stamps and individually stamping each circle using black ink. It was worth it because I love the effect. This background sheet was then cut down to cover either side of the gatefold card.




To create the wrap around I die cut the Daisy Burst flourish die out twice (side by side) and inked it up with the same orange ink. 

Finally I adhered it to a long black strip which I carefully wrapped around the gatefold card before completing it all with one final Ticker Tape Phrase sentiment stamp.





I really hope you enjoy creating with everything and don't forget to share your makes on Lisa's Facebook group. " Crafting with Lisa Horton".


https://www.facebook.com/groups/468312444069507/


Alternatively follow my Pinterest page which will be linked up to all of the Design Team's latest makes

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/elisabethhogarthdesigns/



Happy crafting!

Best wishes x Elisabeth x



Lisa's new products are exclusive to Create and Craft until the 4th February but then check Lisa Horton Crafts website for details of stockists:







8 comments: