Wednesday 22 January 2020

Sunburst Butterflies



I am absolutely thrilled to have been accepted onto Lisa’s design team and have created this my first card using the new Butterfly Flourish stamp and die sets in conjunction with one of my favourite stencils - Sunburst
To create the background I laid the stencil on a piece of watercolour card then sprinkled pixie powders over the stencil before spritzing with water and leaving to dry.
Then place a piece of card over the stencil and smooth over with a brayer. Lift the top card away and you will have a positive and negative image. I used the negative image as the background.
I created another background just using the powders which I again spritzed and once dry cut out the butterflies. They can them be mounted onto the butterfly frames cut from plain white card.
You are then ready to create your card.
Happy crafting
Sue x

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Sue! Brings sunshine to a grey day - certainly does make you smile. xx

    ReplyDelete