Friday 7 April 2023

FABULOUS FAST CRAFT FRIDAY

Happy Friday everyone.

I hope you have all had a fabulous week.

Thank you all for your good wishes for my husband's hospital appointment on Wednesday.  It went really really well, in fact it couldn't have gone any better.  He had been referred to Urology on a 2-week wait for his prostate.  Anybody who knows anything about the cancer pathway will know how it feels to hear the words 2-week wait referral.  We have both been on tenterhooks since the 23rd February.  However, the doctor said that everything in his opinion seemed absolutely normal and that he just wanted to do a blood test to make absolutely certain but couldn't see that the result would be anything other than normal.  I think I nearly blew the doctor off his chair with the sigh of relief. 😂

We've both been short tempered with each other for weeks but now that is out of the way we might just get on a little better. Lol

These things are certainly sent to try us aren't they?

***

Anyway on to happier things.

If you missed my live yesterday using the simply stunning Brand New Tropical Flowers then the edited version is also now available to watch on You Tube, again just click the pic below.

***

So, it's Friday and once again the lovely Maria is here with a fabulous Fast Craft Friday project for you to have a go at.  Over to you Maria.

Hello everyone, Maria here.

I do like a bit of quick and easy stamping, and I don’t need much persuading to get out my Cloud 9 Matt Blending inks, perfect for a card in 20 minutes or less!

YOU WILL NEED 

Off The Edge Vintage Roses A5 stamp set LHCCS070
Nested Stitched Bubble Squares cutting dies LHCCD105
Cloud 9 Matt Blending inkpad Deep Ocean
Black inkpad
Fine paintbrush and water
Cutting die of your choice for the sentiment
Watercolour card
7 inch card blank



Stamp the large rose corner on watercolour card with Deep Ocean ink, let it dry just for a minute.


Use a fine paintbrush, slightly damp but not dripping wet, to gently pull some of the ink from your image into the image to colour, leave some white areas through, this will give highlights.

While you wait for your image to dry, smear your Deep Ocean ink on your messy mat/craft sheet and spray with water, wipe an A5 piece of watercolour card through the ink, it doesn’t have to be completely covered.

Clean and dry your mat. While your extra card dries you can use your medium sized squares to die cut your stamped image and a slightly larger blue layer.

Die cut a medium size bubble square from your inky watercolour card and layer up with your image and other coloured layer.

On your leftover inky card, stamp and die cut your sentiment.

Stop the clock, we are almost there but have to decide on layout before we glue together, which one do you like???


Well I do like it, and it was certainly well within the 20 minutes, but maybe we should use up a few more minutes?


Score down the centre of your card front to create a Z fold.

On the inside of the card add the rose corner, for a nice soft look stamp onto spare paper first.

Fix your main image to the front fold of your card and add the sentiment with foam pads, that’s it!

And we are still within our time…

I hope you like it, we’d all love to see your version over in the Crafting With Lisa Horton Facebook group.

What a gorgeous project Maria, I do love a tone on tone card and this is gorgeous.

Thank you.

***

Well, she's home!!  She might be a little bit jaded but I just know Lisa is itching to see you all tonight for her Friday night live at 7pm.

Not only will she have oodles and oodles to tell you all (and I'm sure some stuff she really shouldn't be telling you too! Lol) but she will also be giving you the fabulous discount code I told you about yesterday on my live.

Don't know what I'm talking about?  Then you really need to tune in tonight at 7pm to find out more.

Places to watch.....

Lisa Horton Crafts on You Tube (best option)

Lisa Horton Crafts on Facebook (Lisa's business page)

Crafting with Lisa Horton on Facebook (our fabulous group - have you seen the number of members!!!!! Eeeeeek)

So, all I will say is please don't be late - I really do think this will be a case of Miss It Miss Out!  Just my opinion obviously but don't say I didn't warn you. Lol.

***

Finally, to our Words of Wisdom


See you Monday folks.

TTFN
xxx


6 comments:

  1. Val Cartwright7 April 2023 at 12:12

    So pleased that all was well with the hospital appointment Dawn, these things are always a worry, another lovely project from Mary, looking forward to the live tonight, listen to all the exciting news 😁 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val Cartwright7 April 2023 at 12:17

    Sorry should have said lovely project from Maria 🤦‍♀️ tried to edit with no luck 🙄 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I’ve been called worse! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Oh Dawn I am really happy everything went well at the hospital. I can imagine how you both must have been feeling leading up to the appointment but it’s had a happy result yay 😁 Happiness is….
    I am so looking forward to tonight’s live and hearing all about the US and how Lisa got on. I can’t wait for this new die either lol
    The lives this week were very informative and inspirational as usual I had to try a couple out for myself and was quite pleased with my results 😁.
    Maria that’s a fabulous card you have made for us to try, I may just do that when able. Thank you Maria 🥰
    I love the words of wisdom for today Dawn again always so true.
    Thank you for the wonderful blog as always
    See you all tonight
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your hubby got on well at the hospital. The waiting is such a worry isn't it. Anyway, onward and upwards as they say. Looks like a nice sunny weekend for you both to relax in. Lovely demo with the tropical flowers and I'm looking forward to hearing Lisa's news tonight. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a relief for you both. Had same issue with hubby and he now has a PSA blood test yearly.

    ReplyDelete