Monday 20 March 2023

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

A very good Monday morning to you all.

I hope those of you who celebrate Mother's Day had a fabulous day yesterday.

Personally, I spent some lovely time with my daughter and my grandchildren as, coincidentally it was Leighton's 8th birthday yesterday too.  

Now I don't know many children who don't like cake!  But Leighton is one of those children.  So for his birthday "cake" he had this!!

I would never have dreamed that anything like this would be acceptable as a birthday  "cake" but I have to say that it was delicious.  It is basically, Brownie and Flapjack in a stack, plus buttons, stars, Terry's white chocolate orange pieces and fondant icing footballs.  Extremely sweet but really, really nice and he was a very, very happy boy.

So what better way to spend Mother's day eh?  It was lovely.
For those of you who no longer have your Mum's (or daughters for that matter) with you I hope you managed a smile or two thinking of wonderful memories.

***
So, what's going on in Lisa Horton Crafts Land this week then?

Well, Danny can be found in the packing room at LHC headquarters after an extremely successful collaboration event with Create and Craft over the weekend.  Thank you to everyone who purchased goodies over the weekend period and I can only apologise (although it was totally out of anyone's control) about the issues with Paypal.  I don't think it was just us it affected as I saw posts all weekend about trouble paying with Paypal.  Hopefully it will all get sorted in due course and be back to normal soon.

Monday 20th March

I will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group as usual at 1pm, I do hope you can come and join me.  I am using the fabulous Champagne & Roses set and I'm making a card using just one coloured ink pad and the stunning Cloud 9 Falling Snow, White ink pad.  So if you don't have many ink pads, you too will be able to achieve this effect.


Tuesday 21st March

Claire will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 2pm as usual, so make a note to join her.

Wednesday 22nd March

Project Day on the Blog and we have another beauty this week so don't miss that.

Thursday 23rd March

I will again be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 1pm using another fabulous Lisa Horton product so please come and join me.

Friday 24th March

Lisa will be live at 7pm and this week it will be a Product Preview for the shows coming up next week on Create and Craft.  (Links later in the week).

***

Finally, to our Words of Wisdom


See you back here for project day on Wednesday

TTFN
xxx



 

6 comments:

  1. Aww what a beautiful blog today Dawn 😘
    I’m glad you had a lovely Mother’s Day with your family and oh that luscious birthday cake. Wow. Leighton must be so proud of his Nan. Happy birthday Leighton. Lovely name. X
    I loved being able to purchase the crocus and champagne set on Friday and cannot wait to receive them. Also thank you for todays live Dawn. Such a beautiful beautiful card you made. 💙 🤍
    Looking forward to Claire’s live tomorrow and the next Wednesday blog as I adored Tina’s project and just had to have a go. I also look forward to seeing your live on Thursday then Lisa on Friday 😘
    Lovely words of wisdom as always
    Thank you very much
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. I wish I could take credit for the cake but I just wouldn't have the patience. Amie had it made for him. Glad you enjoyed today's live. Dx

      Delete
  2. Another great blog Dawn. Isn't that cake just fabulous. Your Mother's Day sounded lovely. We went to my daughters, and her hubby prepped and did a full Sunday lunch for 7 of us. Jolly good job too he did. The live today was fabulous. I did keep thinking please put the lid on the Snowflake Ink before you blue brush in it. It's fabulous Isn't it. Like you I have put the word white on my brush so I keep it just for the white Ink pad. Just love your hints and tips. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks amazing and I can just imagine all your grandchildren having a wonderful time digging in to it, just what birthdays and Mother’s Day are for Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Dawn. Now that cake is my sort of cake. Su xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Leighton’s cake and even more his choice of football team ( she says as a True Blue herself since 1970!)looking forward to learning more from you x

    ReplyDelete