Friday 24 March 2023

FAST CRAFT FRIDAY

Morning all

I hope you have had a fabulous week.  

What an exciting impromptu live that was of Lisa's on Wednesday wasn't it?  I've got to be honest, I have had a little sneaky peek at the new website and it is going to be AWESOME!!

Obviously there may be some teething problems as there always is with something new of this magnitude but I know that they will be sorted quickly and efficiently as you would expect from Lisa Horton Crafts.

You know what, I think it is fabulous that Lisa takes the time to come on and speak to us the way she does.  It doesn't really take very long but it just means that everybody has the opportunity to hear things first hand rather than from someone else and that's brilliant.  It's because she cares about her customers and wants to keep them informed herself because that way there are no misunderstandings or confusion and I think that's great don't you?

***

So if you missed my live yesterday, the edited version is now available to watch on our You Tube channel so if you want to watch, just click the pic below.  

*** 

Now, it is Fast Craft Friday today so I will pass you over to the lovely Maria.

YOU WILL NEED

Daisy Daisy cutting die set LHCCD 174
Nested Stitched Bubble Square die set LHCCD 105
Water Droplets embossing folder LHCEF 010
Peony Blooms stamp and cutting die set LHCCD 049
Black inkpad
White pen
Sticky gems
8 inch card blank

Start with a piece of yellow A4 card, position the intricate Daisy Daisy edge die toward the edge of your card and die cut.

Position a 14cm square piece of paper next to your die cut edge, use this as a positioning guide to die cut a nice even square frame with the edger die.

Use a Daisy die, the same size as those around your frame to die cut four loose daisies.

Glue your frame to the front of an 8 inch card blank, I used black for a dramatic look, then glue the loose daisies in the corners to complete the frame.

Use the two middle sized layering dies from the nested bubbles set, die cut a black square with the larger and a yellow square with the smaller. Emboss the yellow layer with the Water Droplets folder and secure the layers together.

Use the sentiment from the Peony Blooms set to stamp and die cut the lovely sentiment.

That clock is fast approaching 20 minutes! Fix the layers together, die cut all the flowers in the Daisy Daisy set from white card, stick together and fix onto your design.

I like it, but it’s not quite there…maybe some white accents on the large letters.

Let’s take another couple of minutes and get some sparkly gems on there too! The Daisy Daisy set has dies that can be used for the flower centres but I’ll use those another time.

So not far from my 20 minutes, and I know the recipient will adore it!

Thank you for joining me again, see you next time. 

Thank you Maria.  Another fabulous fast craft project to have a go at.

Maria will be back in 2 weeks time with another fabulous project for you.

***

Well, it's Friday so you know what that means - yes it's Lisa's Friday Night Live.


Would you just look at those products!!

So places to watch are:


Lisa Horton Crafts on Facebook (Lisa's Business Page)


It won't be available to watch on Lisa's website for the time being but I'm sure it will be going forward.

You won't want to miss this live.  I promise you, the samples are to die for.

If you haven't already commented on the video that Lisa mentioned in last week's live, here is the link for you to go and pop a comment under the video.  Don't want to miss out on a chance of a prize now do you? Lol

***
Finally to our Words of Wisdom


Have a fabulous weekend everyone.
See you Monday

TTFN
xxx







2 comments:

  1. I love the card idea from Maria. I don't have the daisy edge but have Lisa's Bow edge die. I might give it a go with that. I'm sure Lisa will have that website knocked into shape before the blink of an eye. Still love the Facebook lives you are doing Dawn. Keep up the good work. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn more exciting times ahead. 🥰
    Totally agree with you Dawn, Lisa is a very generous and caring person towards us followers and always takes the time to personally keep us all up to date which is so nice. I can’t wait to see the new website and how it works. There’s a lot going on for Lisa at the moment isn’t there!
    Loved the lives this week. Always so informative and inspiring with perfect results every time and I love you for it. 🥰
    Fantastic card from Maria it’s a kind of sunshine card. Beautiful Maria I hope to try this after my jolly hols. 😜 amongst others lol
    And Dawn, I do think best friends really do make the good times better and the hard times easier 🥰🥰 simply beautiful
    See you at the live tonight
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete