Wednesday 25 January 2023

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY - PROJECT DAY

Good morning one and all.

I hope this cold morning finds you well and happy?

I've got to say I am not enjoying this cold weather are you?  I mean I would rather it was cold, dry and sunny than cold, wet and miserable but I don't like this really really cold weather.  It's like the cold gets right into your bones and once that happens you just can't seem to get warm again whatever you do.  

I was supposed to see my grandchildren at the weekend, they were coming to see me for my birthday - much easier at a weekend than having to trek over here after school.  Sadly for me, they couldn't come.  My poor little Etta (the youngest) has chicken pox (or chicken pops as she calls it) and the poor little thing has it everywhere, even in her mouth, so that's making life a little uncomfortable for her, little darling.  So, we said let's leave it until she is better as we have to be careful of hubby getting shingles again.  After his last bout we definitely don't need that again.  So I am hoping they scab over quickly and she starts to feel better real soon  as it is her birthday on the 1st February too.  Can't be poorly on her birthday now can she?  I can't believe she is going to be 3 either!!  It just doesn't seem five minutes since she was born and now she is going to be 3!!  Then again my first born grandson will be 10 this year!!! Good grief - it's making me feel old. Lol.

***

Anyhoo, enough about my trials and tribulations let's get down to business.

If you missed my live on Monday, the edited (although still quite long) version is available to view on our You Tube channel, just click the picture below to go and watch.  Remember to leave a comment so I know you visited - I always answer them.  Also, if you are not a subscriber, please subscribe whilst you are there and then you won't miss any content being uploaded in the future.

***
As usual, with it being Wednesday, we have a fabulous project for you.
Today's project is brought to you by the lovely Lorraine.
Take it away Lorraine.



   You will need:
  Nested Stitched Slims
   Nested Torn Edge Slims
Water Lily Flourish Layering Stencils
   Ticker Phrases DL Phrases
    Blending Ink of choice - I used
 Sugar Candy, Spiced Plum, Surfs Up, Juicy Pineapple, Woodland Moss and Cobblestones
  LHC glue  
 Foam  pads
  White card, I used LHC textured
   DL card blank, or a piece of card 20cm x 21cm scored on the short side at 10cm
    Die cutting machine
Scissors


Step 1: Cut the largest die from the Nested Stitched Slims, we shall call this number 1 die, then the following alternate two dies, that will be the third and fifth smaller dies all in white card.


         Step 2: Using low tack tape layer and fix the die cuts as in the picture below.


Step 3: Place the assembled layers on your Ultimate,  attach stencils 1 and 2 onto the peg system together. Adjust your layered panel into position allowing the stencil to overhang the card.



Step 4: I prefer the centre of the Lilies to have a different colour than the petals so I started stencilling with stencil number 3 then 4 using the Sugar Candy for layer 3 and Spiced Plum for stencil 4.


            

Step 5: Replace stencil 1 and ink the centre of each Lily in Juicy Pineapple. You can lightly ink each flower with the pink and plum or skip inking to leave a white border around each petal.



Step 6: Now move on to stencil 2 followed by stencils 5 and 6 for the leaves and detailing. I used Juicy Pineapple and Surfs Up for the leaves, Woodland Moss and Cobblestone for details.


Step 7: Carefully take the layers apart, there’s no need to remove any tape residue as you are going to now fix foam pads on the reverse side of each layer apart from the largest one.



Step 8: Starting with the smallest layer match the stencilled image to the image of the middle  layer. It is easier to work from the top layer down as this is the layer with the most stencilling and will make matching easier.

Step 9: Ink the edges of the torn edges panel and glue to a DL card base then glue the stencilled panel on top and add an appropriate sentiment


                                       

Thank you Lorraine, what a beautiful project.

***

Don't forget Lisa will be on Create and Craft tomorrow at 4pm, 8pm and Friday at 8am followed by a Craft Extra show at 10am.  I just hope she has some stock left to sell. Lol


***
And, finally to our words of wisdom.

Simple but perfect!

See you Friday
TTFN
xxx











9 comments:

  1. Chicken pox isn't nice. Poor little thing. I hope she's better soon. But shingles isn't nice either, so you definitely don't need that. Thank you for the project on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. It is a lovely project isn't it? You going to give it a go?? Dx

      Delete
  2. Poor Poppet .My 18month grandson caught it at 14 months from his 6 year old sister.she didn't have many spots but bubba was covered. Thankyou for the steps on the card.always forget how to do it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All 4 of the grandchildren have had it, and all had quite a nasty dose of it too. Still better to get it now rather than later eh? Look forward to seeing your version of the project! Dx

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about Etta and hope she gets better soon. Loved your live Dawn and although I don’t have all the kit for Lorraine‘a project, it looks wonderful so will have a go with what I have later. Thank you both. Linda Bazely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. It will of course work with any stencil set you have so I look forward to seeing your version. Dx

      Delete
  4. Aaw hope she's soon feeling better! Lovely project today - looking forward to Lisa's shows tomorrow and catching up with Claire's live (also your live tomorrow Dawn). Off for a cuppa now. Su Robson xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su, fingers crossed she does. Poor girlie. Dx

      Delete
  5. Aww Dawn sorry to hear about little Etta. It’s an awful thing to get but as you say better to get it now than in later years. I do hope they disappear sooner rather than later. I don’t think your husband would want to risk having shingles again either. 😘
    Your live in Monday was fantastic Dawn. All those wonderful cards with all the information that comes with it. Even the chicken leg lol 😂 everything turned out absolutely fabulously as always. 😜
    It’s a beautiful project from Lorraine this week. I haven’t got the DL card nested dies as yet, though they’re on my wish list. It’s a really beautiful card too. 😘
    As for the beautiful quote today Dawn again never a truer saying.
    Thank you for this wonderful blog today and see you at the live tomorrow then there’s the shows to look forward too.
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete