Wednesday 18 January 2023

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY - PROJECT DAY

 Morning all

Well, what an interesting few days I have had!  When technology works it's great but when it doesn't it is really, REALLY frustrating.

So, you remember I said I had not been able to download my lives to edit them and put them on to You Tube?  Well, I have news!

I did a lot of googling about downloading videos, found lots of information - some helpful, some money pits and some absolutely totally useless! Lol

Well, I finally found a way to download my videos to my computer and then get them into my editing software so that I can edit them and then upload them to You Tube, yaaay!

Now, the software I am using is Free - for now!  I just hope it isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg to use going forward otherwise I will be back to square one!  Watch this space folks! 

So if you missed Monday's live, here is the link for the edited  version on You Tube.

And if you missed last Thursday's live then here is the link for the edited version on You Tube.
You might notice that the card in the photo is different to the one in the live.  I decided to use the flowers I had stencilled during the live to make another and I was much happier with the second version. 

***
So, it being Wednesday, time for another fabulous project from our wonderful DT.

This week's project is brought to you by the lovely Mary Kelly.


You will need:
Tracks Embossing Folder
Ink of Choice - I used Surf's Up blending ink
Essentials Die Set
How many candles die set
A5 sticker sentiments
LHC glue
Ultimate
LHC Black ink
White card
Black card
Trimmer
Die cutting machine
Scissors
Foam pads

Step 1: Cut a piece of white card to fit inside the Tracks Embossing Folder. 

Step 2: Choose one inside panel of the embossing folder and rub the Surf's Up ink pad directly over the surface. Place in the piece of white card and run through your die cutting machine.

Step 3: Remove the card and wipe down your folder - damp kitchen towel or a microfibre cloth will work well. Trim the panel to 3 ½ inches x 8 inches.  Cut a panel of black card to 3 5/8 inches x 8 1/8 inches.  Layer to create a fine border.  Cut a piece of white card 8 x 8 1/8 inches and score at 4 inches along the 8 inch side to create the card base. 

Step 4: Cut a candle from white card and stamp with black ink in the Ultimate.


Step 5: Cut five solid stars and five star frames from the essentials die set and layer these up.

Step 6: Add foam adhesive to the backs of the stars and candle and position as shown.

Step 7: Personalise the card using the A5 sticker sentiments.

Thank you Mary.
Well, folks, I think there has been some awesome male card inspiration this week don't you?

***
Finally, to our words of wisdom.

See you Friday.

TTFN
xxx








3 comments:

  1. I'm really starting to do due cutting of bits and bobs to make cards and just watching you on YouTube on the TV. I'm using folders that haven't been used so watch this space. I will pop them on the group near the weekend. I'm glad you got your downloads sorted. I agree. Its a pain in the bum. Loving the blog and your lives along with Claire's. Happy birthday for tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn another wonderful blog. I think Mr Google is brilliant isn’t he lol he’s always there when we need help but not always the correct answers. Being us humans we certainly know how to research and then we finally find the answers phew so pleased you got it all sorted as you create such beautiful cards on the lives and we need your fabulous videos so we can watch when ever we like and collect lots of inspirational ideas. Let’s hope it doesn’t cost you too much x
    Mary’s card is so lovely and I always say I shall try the Wednesday projects but I have her gotten around to it as yet but as you say Dawn watch this space lol
    I absolutely love todays quote. Friendship is very valuable to which I’m sure many shall agree.
    Thank you so much for this lovely blog.
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete