Monday 30 January 2023

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

 Good Monday morning to you all.

I trust you all had a fabulous weekend?

Did you manage to catch Lisa's show on Craft Extra yesterday from Sandown?  It was a lovely couple of hours just watching Lisa demo her fabulous brand new Floral Vine set.  Did you buy it?  Do you think you will buy it if you haven't already?  It really is the cutest set. Just saying! 

Well, I was having a lovely day on Saturday, finished all my housework on Friday, finished all the washing too.  Planned to iron it on Sunday morning (which I did).  So I was just finishing off in the craft room when I needed to check something on my bank account.

Imagine my horror when I log on to find a transaction on there that I didn't recognise!!  Not a silly small amount either - £97!!!  To Ocado of all places.  I wouldn't mind but I don't even shop at Ocado.

So rang the bank for the lady to tell me it was the other cardholder's purchase - obviously my husband!  Now I know I go on about him, and his memory isn't the best but I do think that even he would have remembered setting up an account with Ocado, doing an online shop, having it delivered, putting it all away and all this without me noticing!!! Come on!!

Anyway, they put me through to the fraud department and thankfully they have refunded the amount - however he did tell me that if more information comes to light (not sure what that would be to be honest) then they might have to take if off again!!!  I don't think so!  You just try it mate - I'm ready for ya!! Lol.

So, moral of the story, check your bank transactions very carefully.  Hubby doesn't even use his debit card very much at all so it is a complete mystery as to how anyone gained access to it! Scary.

***

Anyhoo - let's get down to business shall we?

Monday 30th January

I shall be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton group today at 1pm.

I am using the fabulous brand new Floral Vine set so I hope you can join me.


Our lovely Lisa will be live at 7pm - today instead of last Friday.

So Friday night live on a Monday.

You can watch on:

Lisa Horton Crafts You Tube channel - best option

Lisa Horton Crafts on Facebook - Lisa's business page

Crafting with Lisa Horton on Facebook - our fabulous group

and

the front page of Lisa's website too.


Tuesday 31st January

Claire will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 2pm

Wednesday 1st February

Project day on the Blog

Thursday 2nd February 

I will be live in the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group at 1pm

Friday 3rd February 

Lisa will be live at 7pm as usual.  I will add links later in the week.

***

So, this is the last instalment of our Meet the Team feature and today it is little old me! Lol

How many jobs did you have before you found your Dream job?
I don't think I ever found a Dream job - but my last job before retiring was working in Research & Development in the NHS.  I was responsible for making sure all our Clinical Trials were being run in accordance with all the Regulations and for training medical staff around those regulations.  I did love that job but retirement sounded like a much better plan.  Besides, I wouldn't be able to do what I do for Lisa if I worked so it was a win win for me!

Chinese or Indian
Chinese if and when I go out.

Fish and Chips or Pizza
Fish and chips - a very rare treat these days.

Surf or turf
Both really.  I love a good steak but then again I love fish so I'm happy either way.

Dogs or cats
Again, both.  We have always had cats and currently Salty holds my heart in his paws.  We have also had German Shepherds but they are a bit too much for both of us these days, lol.  Cats will suffice from now on.

Sport or not
Love sport.  Don't do sport - no siree!! Love F1 and Moto GP, Golf, Ashes Cricket, Football and Rugby and Tennis.  Only watch the big tournaments though. Lol.

Music whilst crafting or not
Very very rarely.  Might have the computer on in the background if Lisa is on TV but otherwise, I usually craft in the peace and quiet.

Favourite film genre
I don't really have a favourite.  If I like it I like it.  I am a huge Tom Hanks fan so will watch literally anything with him in it but I will watch most things, even horror.  Mind you I have to watch horror films during the day! Lol

Favourite music genre
Again, don't really have a favourite.  I was a huge Elvis fan - cried myself to sleep the day he died! But I like quite a mix, but like Miriam - I do love a bit of Robbie.

What is your MOST favourite LHC product
When I put this question in, everyone without exception said "Just one?" Lol.  It is difficult to choose just one product but those of you who know me won't be surprised to hear me say that the fabulous Textures Stamp set is one of my most favourite products Lisa has ever brought out.

What is your dream for the future.
Peace! Everywhere!  
I want my grandchildren to be able to grow up and enjoy life not worry about whether they feel safe to go out and explore the world.  You are a long time dead so why would anyone want to bring that forward if it can be avoided?

So there you go.
You now know a little bit more about everyone on our team.
I hope you enjoyed reading everyone's answers.

***

Finally, to our words of wisdom.

See you Wednesday

TTFN
xxx




13 comments:

  1. Glad you got your money back Dawn, what a worry!
    Lovely to finally see you featured in Meet the Team, you go so much for the LHC community it’s nice for them to get to know a bit more about you. All these years we’ve been friends I didn’t know you used to have German Shepherds, fabulous dogs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and yes definitely a worry. Well, I could respond about the dogs if only I knew who had left the comment. Lol Dx

      Delete
  2. So happy things went well with the bank. Love your blog and I love your demo’s…when I remember… keep up the great work and all your inspiration..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this fabulous blog Dawn. I always enjoy reading each time.
    The same happened to me once re the bank issue. It was a place called ocean club absolute miles away from here that had taken a payment of £68. This was Gym in Seahouses lol. The bank told us that another person with the same surname and same initials had one digit different. We are always quite up on the bank always checking making sure everything’s as it should be. You just never know do you?
    I shall be there at 1pm today and with Lisa’s live this evening at 7pm. I can’t make it to Claire’s live this week But always manage to catch up.
    Now then, meeting you Dawn is an absolute pleasure to read. My husband used to train German Shepherds and if he had his way he would have another today but like you said Dawn we can’t handle a big dog anymore neither. We have a gorgeous cocker spaniel who is very energetic, we bought him for my autistic son who trained him in a class along with others. I just love our little dog he’s such a loving little soul. I too love horror movies but very rarely watch them as I can’t sleep afterwards lol I do love a true story dramas and a good action movie. What a beautiful dream to have Dawn I wish for all your dreams to come true. Your one beautiful lady and do so much for us crafters I wish to thank you personally for all that you do.
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Connie what a lovely thing to say my friend. I would have a house full of GSDs but sadly that is never going to be the case so I will have to make do with my little shadow, Salty. He is a real character - drives me batty but I do love him. Dx

      Delete
  4. Great blog post today - I don't 'get' how some people don't check their bank/credit card statements....! Happy to hear your bank sorted it so quickly but not a nice experience to go through. I don't like these 'contactless' payment cards for similar reasons - so easy for things to go wrong. It's good to hear about you 'behind the scenes' - I mainly like quiet when I craft but have a little radio/CD player that occasionally keeps me company (trouble is I sing along with it and scare the neighbourhood pets etc!) Su Robson xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Su, that made me chuckle. If I have music on and sing along I just don't get any crafting done hence the peace and quiet. Lol. Glad you are feeling much better now.. Dx

      Delete
  5. I'm so relieved for you that your bank gave your money back Dawn. What a horrible experience.
    I live Tom Hanks and he was brilliant in 'Otto' - so I recommend it, if you haven't seen it (but take a tissue with you).
    Like you I hope and pray for peace in the world, especially looking to our grandchildren's futures. (Gotta sign off as it's nearly 7pm - time for Lisa's FB live.) Thank you Dawn. Liz Castle Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. Ooh I haven't seen Otto - I shall look out for that one. I don't go to the cinema - way too expensive, so will wait for it to come to TV but will definitely watch it. Green Mile is one of my most fave of his films but I love them all really. Hope you enjoyed the live. Dx

      Delete
  6. Aaah, thanks Pat. It's always lovely to see returning faces to the lives and you were definitely missed during your move. Glad you are back and (almost) settled. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got your money back Dawn. I had 500 took from Google play once but the bank gave it straight back so all was well. I love these blogs although I don't always remember to leave a message. Loved your live yesterday and looking forward to Claire today. Also excited for Lisa's new products seen last night. Have a good day 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary how easy it is for people to get to your money isn't it Jane? Lots more exciting things to come too. Lol. Dx

      Delete