Wednesday 7 December 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY - OH DEER! IT'S CHRISTMAS

Morning everyone.

I hope you are all well?

Yesterday I spent the day with my Grandson, as he is off school after his operation and my Granddaughter and for me that is such a treat.

He is doing really well after his little operation and he is being strong, just like I knew he would.  I treated him to a box of Brownies as they are one of his favourite treats.  His sister had problems with dairy but has now beaten the milk ladder.  Trouble is she doesn't really like proper chocolate, she much prefers the dairy free one.  Expensive tastes that little lady has!! Lol

So a day away from the computer, away from my craft stuff and away from hubby.  It is a different day but it just proved to me that I really do like my routine.  Mind you I didn't really have time to think about how much I was missing my craft room.  Etta, who will be three in February, keeps me on my toes.  She is a little whirlwind and she chatters non stop, bless her.  Leighton keeps himself to himself mainly, so I took my ipad with me and he played on that a lot.  He loves doing jigsaws and I have an app on the ipad that means he can do jigsaws without all the pieces lying around on the floor.  Easily pleased he is.  Just love them to pieces.  

***

Anyway, back to business.

In case you missed my live on Monday, here is the link to the edited version which is now up on our You Tube channel.  Please consider subscribing, if you haven't already.  We are always adding content and it would be a shame for you to miss it. 😉

We have another fabulous project for you and today's project has been provided by the lovely Lorraine.  Thanks Lorraine.

OH DEER! IT'S CHRISTMAS

 What you will need.
 DEF - SLIMLINE EMBOSSING FOLDER 
DEF - LAYERING STENCILS 
ULTI-MATE 3D FLORAL AND FOLIAGE ELEMENT DIES
NESTED BUBBLE SQUARES DIES
3D EMBOSSING FOLDER - KNITTED

Stencil the letter D in colours of your
choice and die cut.
Die cut the letter D twice more and the
Oh Deer it’s Christmas die three times
then stick the layers together.


Carefully remove the D from the Deer
die cut by following the outline of the
letter e.



Using the sixth largest stitched nested square
die, cut it in Kraft card and emboss using the
knitted folder.
Swipe the embossed card gently with a white ink
pad.



Cut the bubble frame in green card and
stick to a 6x6 card base.
Apply 3D foam pads to the embossed panel
and attach to card.



Place the 'oh' central at the top of the embossed
panel and it’s Christmas central at the bottom
making sure there’s enough room to fit the large
floral D before sticking directly to the card.
Add the large letter D and the cropped letters
from Deer into the space so you have an equal
distance at each side.


And there you have it!


Thank you Lorraine.
That's lovely

So there you go then.  Another fabulous project for you to have a go at.
Don't forget that you can do this with so many of Lisa's Phrases, not just the Christmas ones.

Right, that's your lot for today.
I will add Claire's You Tube link on Friday.






3 comments:

  1. Grandchildren are so rewarding, it’s lovely to spend time with them, they don’t stay little for very long, love Lorraine’s project, such a great idea using the large letters xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about your grandchildren. They are little miracles aren't they. They do tire you out but it's wonderful to spend time with ith them and I'm so pleased your little grandson is doing well after his op.
    Luckily my grandchildren all love crafting!!
    Thank you for finding time to write the blog, despite your busy schedule and Lorraine 's card is lovely.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Im really glad your grandson is doing well after his operation bless him. It’s amazing sometimes how children can heal so quickly isn’t it? Your lovely granddaughter sounds just lovely Dawn the little ones do keep us all going ehi 😜
    Beautiful project Lorraine. I loved this when I saw it. I haven’t got those letters as yet but shall in time.
    Thank you for the lovely blog as always Dawn 😘
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete