Monday 19 December 2022

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

Morning all

Well, here we are in the last week's run up to the Big Day.  Are you all ready, presents wrapped, food and wine bought?  I've got to be honest, for the first time in I don't know how many years all my prep is done.  My presents for the grandchildren have been wrapped and sitting in their Santa sacks since the 4th December.  All hubby's gifts are bought, wrapped and ready to be exchanged.  Food is all bought, except the fresh stuff which I will get mid week, dinner is planned and I can relax.  

We rarely have a traditional Christmas lunch because neither of us are that fussed about Turkey - mind you from what I have seen and heard you will be lucky if you can find a fresh turkey this year at a reasonable price, thanks to bird flu. 

So, we usually have a steak, hassleback potatoes, veg and gravy.  Neither of us are really pudding people so we don't bother with Christmas pudding.  To be honest, I usually buy an individual one for me because Graham doesn't like them, put it in the cupboard, forget all about it and throw it out at some point during the following year!  I know, that's really bad isn't it?  So this year, I am not buying one at all.

Then, before you know it, it will be New Year's Eve and we shall be saying goodbye to 2022.  

*****

I am going to be spending some time working on new projects for the coming year.  Now, all I can say is, if you thought 2022 was great at Lisa Horton Crafts - 2023 is going to blow your mind!!

I am absolutely amazed by the beautiful things Lisa is bringing to you next year and I just know you all will be too.

***

I have decided to keep the last three Meet the Team features for the New Year so I hope you don't mind.

I thought, going forward, I would finish each blog post with a little inspirational quote.

So here is the first one.

I love things like this so this will be my parting shot for each blog post in future.

Have a wonderful day and I'll see you on Wednesday.

TTFN
xx




8 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Dawn. Thank you for your Facebook lives and the blogs. Your inspiration together with the rest of the DT is amazing. Don't forget my 2 week stay with you in the new year lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m usually really excited about Christmas but this year my shifts fall on 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th of December. Luckily they have just decided everyone can have Christmas Day off so at least it’s one day. It’ll just be me and Hubby but to be honest I prefer it like that. I do love the family but we’ve worked so much over the year it’s nice to have a quiet day together. I just want to thank you Dawn for all your dedication to this blog and all the lives etc. You are such an inspiration to me and no doubt many others in the group. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing Christmas and I can’t wait to see what Lisa and the DT bring us in 2023. Love Kare Keen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the FB lives and blog Dawn. Like the others I'm looking forward to seeing what Lisa has up her sleeve for 2023! Wishing you and yours and the DT members a very Happy Christmas. Liz Castle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dawn, merry Christmas to you and all, love your little quote too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dawn for all your demonstrations, I really enjoy them. Hope you have a great Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only found Lisa’s products late last year but already love them… I have a new Ulti-mate ready for 2023 so can’t wait to get started when I return from the πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
    Catch you all in 23 love seeing all you inspiration and live the ‘lives’ on FB and YouTube.. take care everyone and have a great Christmas and New Year whatever, wherever and whoever you are spending it with xx looking forward to 2023 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Dawn you have done well to be so ready for when the big man in the red coat calls! Thanks for all your amazing tutorials throughout this year. I may not always be able to watch them live but I always enjoy them on the edited YouTube version. I wish you a very happy Christmas and an exciting New Year. Sandy Scott πŸŽπŸŽ„πŸΎπŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have done so well to have everything all bought in and wrapped. I haven’t been organised at all for the first time due to one hung or another but have managed to catch up To be honest I’m not a turkey lover, I find it a very dry meat for me therefore don’t usually have this. I purchased a huge turkey around four years ago and the family and friends were coming over then my husband had taken ill and had to cancel. But that was then and as you can imagine the turkey went to the bin eventually πŸ€” never mind along time ago.
    I kinda like these lovely quotes your popping on here. Soothing to read πŸ€—
    I know you shall enjoy crafting with the new upcoming products to which I can’t wait to see. Iv put a little savings to one side just for the new year 😁😁 so looking forward to seeing 2023 LHC items.
    I’m also looking forward to the last three meet the teams I always love the read the blog.
    Take good care and hope everyone’s well for 2023
    Merry Christmas everyone
    Lots of love
    Connie πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete