Monday 26 December 2022

HAPPY BOXING DAY

 Good morning one and all.

Are you all suitably stuffed after your fabulous Christmas Lunches?  I know I am.


What did we all think of King Charles III's inaugral speech then?  Personally I think he did a fabulous job of it. I thought it was quite natural and I liked the fact that it was done from St George's chapel - a place that has some connection for him.  I was devastated at the loss of our dear Queen but I do think that she has left the job in the very capable hands of her son, our King don't you?

Now if only we had a Government that I felt the same about, well that would be awesome wouldn't it?

***

I know a lot of you had ordered goodies from Lisa as part of your Christmas presents and I do hope that you are all going to enjoy using them now that you have been able to unwrap them?

***

Do any of you do anything special between Christmas and New Year?  Visit family, go out for a meal, have friends round etc?  We don't really, other than our Boxing Day visit to the Grandchildren which we will be doing shortly.  I do love to see their little faces when they open their presents.  

I have been a lucky girl this year and been spoilt with goodies to enhance my pencil drawing hobby so I am looking forward to getting stuck into that over the next few days.

How many of you have other hobbies besides collecting Lisa Horton Crafts goodies?  Well, actually, how many of you have time for other hobbies, lol?

I used to do a lot of Cross Stitch but alas my eyesight isn't what it was and it is a bit too detailed for me these days.  It was a bit time consuming too if I'm honest but oh my days it was so worth all the stitching, cursing and neck ache.

Pencil drawing is not a fast art at all, far from it.  It takes so many hours to lay down layers of colour and details but it is such a satisfying thing to do.  I hope to be able one day to take on commissions - to give other people the pleasure of seeing their beloved pets come to life on paper.  But, more than anything, and I know I have said this before, I want to be able to draw a picture of my four grandchildren and gift it to my daughter.  Maybe I should make that my main aim for 2023 - that's a worthwhile thing to aim for isn't it?

I also want to finally reach my target weight at Slimming World.  I have been so close to it for a while now and I really need to buckle down and concentrate on the things that will help me achieve my goal.

What achievements do you want to accomplish in 2023?  I don't mean New Year's resolutions, I mean let's face it we never stick to those now do we? Lol

Let me know in the comments what you hope to achieve in 2023 - I'd love to see them.

So, on to my Words of Wisdom for today:


And on that note, I will see you on Wednesday.

TTFN
xxx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn like you we have a quiet Christmas but on Boxing Day I usually go into the sales although today a lot of the stores were closed which I think is lovely for the staff, I have a couple of close friends whose birthdays are right after Xmas so they do quite well, looking forward to seeing your pencil drawings next year, you have a real talent, I have been having a play with the new goodies so bring on the new year hope it’s a good one for everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read the blogs Dawn and sounds like your going to be one busy lady.
    I have no other interest other than card craft at the moment. I used to sew an awful lot many years ago. My mother taught me from an early age and I carried that on in years gone by but when I discovered card craft my heart lies with this as I love it so much. I really look forward to seeing your art work in the near future Dawn if your able to share it with us.
    As you know we’ve been poorly over the festive so haven’t done anything I’m afraid but slowly getting there now thank goodness.
    I’m now starting to think about my crafting again as I got lots of fabulous LHC goodie for Christmas I am feeling the need to try them out therefore at some point this week I shall be crafting again 😁😁😁😁
    Thank you again for always being there with the blog for us Dawn especially over the Christmas period. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Lisa brings in 2023
    Happy new year everyone
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜
    P.S. I’d forgotten to add my name to the last blog but I’m certain you’d have worked out which one was me lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Started papercrafting after buying a cricut explore for using to make stencils etc for pottery, Found it to be useless as it didnt take the mats in evenly ,meaning that if it did a scoreline or writing and the mat went back to start nothing was in the right place .i then decided to buy dies and stencils so now into making cards which i love

    ReplyDelete