Wednesday 23 November 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY - BUNTING

 Hello all.
Well, what a busy little bee our Lisa is!!
Two hours on Craft Extra with Paula and then an hour with the lovely Dan Bancroft and then an hour with the fabulous Martyn Parker.
Doesn't that Concentric Square embossing folder look fabulous?
Then today she had a show at 8am with the brilliant Janice Phillips.
After all of that she is doing another two hours on Craft Extra with Adam Humphreys.
Gosh, I'm exhausted for her! Lol.

So, I have an apology to make.  I haven't had a chance to edit my video from Monday's live yet.  Not only have I had my own personal workman back in my craft room but that workman is now in my bad books because he knocked all my nicely sorted gems off the unit in my craft room and they went absolutely everywhere.  So I had to sit and pick them all up and then sort them out.  Miriam said she would have made him pick them up but as I pointed out to her - I need it doing properly, Lol.  It took me forever.
I promise I will get to the video editing today.

***
So with it being Wednesday we have another fabulous Project for you.  The lovely Mary Kelly made this gorgeous bunting, which you may have seen on TV.  So here she is showing you how to make your own version.

Alphabet Bunting
 


You will need:
LHC Nested Stitched Flag die set
LHC Ultimate 3d Coordinating Alphabet dies
LHC Ribbons and Bows Dies
LHC Stitched Letter dies
LHC Padded Quilt embossing folder
LHC Butterflies EF and dies
Cream card – 300gsm
Black card – 300gsm
Die cutting machine
Scissors
Cropodile or hole punch
Ribbons/cord
Pokey tool
Glue
 
 
Step 1: Count the number of letters in your message – consider adding a decorative flag at either end and a connecting one in the centre. Using the largest die from the nested stitched flag set cut the number of flags you need.

 
 
 
Step 2: Cut the letters in cream and black and glue the black layer to the back of the cream to create a shadow effect.

           

 
Step 3: Lay your letters out aiming to keep them central on each flag.

 
Step 4: I decided to add a decorative flag at either end of the banner. I cut the middle and the next smallest hearts in cream and black. I embossed the smaller    one and layered them up for interest. I also added a black and cream bow.                                                              

          

Step 5: I also added a central flag to link the names as my bunting was for a wedding. I used the stitched alphabet in cream with a black layer behind. I also added a bow to the top of the flag.

                                                   
           

Step 6:To create the holes for your ribbon/cord punch about 1cm from the top – I used an office puncher as it was the perfect size but a Cropodile would also work. You may want to mark with a pencil before punching to get them all the same. 

 

Step 7: Cut and emboss a butterfly in cream – I used one for every lettered flag in my bunting. I also cut a plain black non-embossed butterfly to layer them. Add each butterfly making sure you are nowhere near the holes you have made – try to alternate  the placing to add interest.


Step 8:
Now you are ready to thread through your ribbon/cord. Place the flags in the order you wish them to appear. Start from the end and thread front to back. Secure the ribbon/cord at the back on each flag with tape. Hang your bunting ready for the celebration!



How fabulous is that?  Personally for me I would use the ampersand in the middle but that's just me.  I think this is a fabulous idea and would be great for any sort of party, wedding, engagement or even New Year.  The world is your oyster as they say.

So, that's your lot for today.
I'll see you back here on Friday and hopefully I will have both edited videos from myself and Claire to add to that post.

Just before I go - is there anything you would like to see on the blog as a regular feature?
We are fast coming to the end of the Meet the Team feature (well we have a few weeks yet but it will soon come round, lol).  

TTFN
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment