Wednesday 19 October 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY - MIXED MEDIA BUTTERFLIES

 Morning everyone.

I hope today finds you all well and healthy?

Well, it may be cold and blowy outside but I really do enjoy this time of year.  I love to be out in the countryside taking in all the glorious colours of Autumn don't you?  It is only since I took up colouring and drawing again that I now look at things with a totally different eye.  As a child clouds were always white fluffy things on a blue background, now I look at them and they are more like, white, grey, pink and purple against a backdrop of blues, greys, pinks and even reds and oranges at times.  Trees are no longer green leaves on a brown trunk - but a wonderful array of rich reds, oranges, yellows, golds, browns, greens and  purples.  Next time you are out walking, just stop for a couple of minutes and take a look at the colour that surrounds you - it's mesmerising.

Anyway, moving on....

We have another wonderful Project Wednesday for you today and once again this is brought to you by the lovely Su.  
What a gorgeous project - over to you Su.


For my project  today I have used:

Cloud 9 Blending & Pigment Inks
Texture Stamp Set
Postcard from the Edge Stamp
Florals Vol 1 Stamp set
Copic Markers B04-B01-YG17
Layering Stencils - Beautiful Butterflies
Butterflies 3d Embossing Folder and Die set
5 x 7 Card Blank
Cardstock 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 for mat layer

Part ink your mat layer with grey ink making sure to leave some white space.


Cut black circles x3 starting at 3 inches, going down in increments.  Then cut 3 circles in white card starting at 2 3/4 inches and again going down in increments.
Ink half of the white circles in Surf's Up blending ink and the other half in Woodland Moss Blending Ink.

Then ink over the Woodland Moss with Juicy Pineapple blending ink.


Use the text stamp from the Textures set to stamp onto the coloured circles using Picket Fence.

Next, stamp text onto the card mat using black pigment ink and also stamp some ink splotches onto the same card with grey blending ink.


Inking just the postmark in the corner of the postcard stamp - stamp three postmarks in black pigment as shown.

Ink up half of the small texture stamp and stamp in a line down the mat layer as shown.


Next stamp flowers and foliage down the same line as the texture stamp line.

Then colour in the flowers and the foliage with your alcohol markers - or chosen medium.

Next, glue the coloured circles on to the black circles and then adhere them to your artwork layer.
Adhere the large circle flat to the card, then raise the smallest circle on foam tape and add as shown.
Place the middle circle as shown.


Using the Butterfly stencils, ink a solid butterfly in Strawberry sundae and then stencil all the other layers in black pigment ink.


Die Cut and Emboss the butterfly.


Ink the outer edge of your card blank with black pirgment ink


Then add your artwork to the base card.  Attach the butterfly and the sentiment with foam pads.  Finally, I added some glaze to the butterfly.


What a stunning card Su.  Thanks so much.

So, are you going to give this one a go?  I think it is a great idea, might just have to have a go at this one myself. Lol

In case you missed my live on Monday, here is the link to watch the edited version on our You Tube channel.

I will add a link to Claire's edited video on Friday.

So, I think that's it for today.
See you back here on Friday.

TTFN 
xx


































3 comments:

  1. You are right about the colours Dawn. The trees are absolutely beautiful here at the moment and we've had some stunning sunsets. Great inspiration from Su today which I'll try. Have a lovely day. Liz C. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the autumn leaves are showing now all those beautiful colours together make such a wonderful scene.
    A fabulous live as always Dawn to which I always look forward too.
    Su you never fail to amaze me with your fabulous makes. I hope I can get to try this card. I have so many from the design team that I love I’m way behind my own crafting schedule lol but I shall catch up and create all these beautiful cards.
    Thank you Dawn for another wonderful blog. I love having read each week.
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just having catch up - Mother Nature certainly is a wonderful artist at this time of year! Lovely project to stir our creativity too. Su Robson

    ReplyDelete