Monday 17 October 2022

ANOTHER WEEK CLOSER TO CH..............

Good morning everyone.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend?

I have to say that I have been totally blown away by all the fabulous Balloon High creations that have been shown in the group since Lisa's live on Friday night.  What a cracking live it was wasn't it?

Who'd have ever thought that we would all be raving about a beautiful grey ink pad called Cobblestones eh?  But oh boy, what a difference that little bit of grey makes doesn't it?

Nearly five years ago now, my husband had a near fatal heart attack - obviously it had a happy ending as he is still here, a lot fitter than he was back then and yes, occasionally driving me nuts! Lol  But, even though he drives me nuts, I am beyond thankful that he is still here to be able to do that. 💖

So, why am I mentioning this and what does it have to do with craft I hear you say?  Well I'll tell you.

I had some counselling during the months following his heart attack and looking back I can hear myself saying extremely negative things about myself, my outlook, my failings (perceived or real) and that my self worth was none existent. Obvioulsy I didn't realise it at the time.

My Counsellor said to me - "you need to be kinder to yourself!"  "You need to look at things from a different angle" "Talk about yourself in a postive way".  Sounded daft at the time but as the days went by her words resonated and I slowly began to change my outlook and my attitude, especially towards myself.  

So, when I see your posts saying things like "It's not very good but it is my first go" or "I think I am too heavy handed to do this" or "I'm not really happy with this" it makes me a bit sad.  

So from now on, we are having a "No Negativity" rule in Crafting with Lisa Horton, ok?😁😁😁

Instead, I want you to say "This is my first attempt and I am pleased I gave it a go.  Next time I think I will do this instead of that"  or "I was a bit heavy handed here but I will use this for a male card so that's ok" or "Well this looks different to my original plan but I'm quite happy with it"

Trust me, you will be surprised how much better it makes you feel.  You just watch how the comments change too - it's fabulous.

***

Anyhoo - let's tell you what's going on this week shall we?

Monday 17th October - 1pm

Dawn will be live in the CWLH Group

Tuesday 18th October - 11am

Claire will be live in the CWLH Group

Wednesday 19th October

Project Wednesday here on the blog (it's beautiful!)

Thursday 20th October 10am

Dawn will be live in the CWLH group

Friday 21st October 7pm

Lisa Horton will be live on her page - show preview, giveaway winners announced and much much more.   I'll put the links up on Friday.  

Trust me when I say, you won't want to miss it! (Do I say that every week?? Lol)

***

Finally, let's meet another member of our Fabulous Design Team shall we?

This week, let's get to know the lovely

Su Peachey

How many jobs did you have before you found your Dream job?

I had 5 jobs before I found my dream job.
This was supporting people who have Learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. 
I did this for 30 years. Best job ever.


Chinese or Indian

Got to be Indian for me every time but I do also like Chinese.

Fish & Chips or Pizza

Fish and Chips. Loads of salt and vinegar.

Surf or turf

Surf definitely. Not a big turf fan, do like chicken.

Dogs or cats

I like both but do have a Shepherd Husky cross Lexi.  Very hairy. 

Sport or not

Definitely Not.

Music whilst crafting or not

No music. I love it quiet. 

Favourite film genre

Fantasy, comedy. 

Favourite music genre

I don’t have a favourite. If I like it, I like it. 

What is your MOST favourite LHC product

Oh my goodness I couldn’t possibly choose. My favourite changes with every new release.
My most used is my Ultimate. I use it everyday. Love the stencils and embossing folders. 

What is your dream for the future.

My dream is that my children will always have a good and happy life. 


I'm with you on the plenty of salt & vinegar with the fish and chips Su but only if I'm eating them out of the paper! Lol

So, there you go.
I'll see you back here on Wednesday for the fabulous Project Wednesday.

TTFN
xx

13 comments:

  1. How have I missed the blogs? Thanks for the positive vibes. Card making has gone from stress relief when working to my fun place to be. "It's only paper" is the best thing to remember I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s so true Suzanne . It’s just paper. Never really a mistake , more a happy accident. Su xx

      Delete
    2. I feel exactly the same way Suzanne. Craft is now my pleasure rather than stress relief. Glad you found our blog too. xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous blog as always and I have to agree everyone’s balloons creations have been amazing 😘 Thanks to Lisa’s tuition myself and others are able to practice more and more on our shading.
    Oh Dawn I sympathise with you with your husband, my husband had his first heart attack when he was 49 years old and likewise I seemed to think awful of myself afterwards. I still have the odd moment but very truthfully my crafting picks me up an awful lot. Never have I felt more comfortable amongst a group of people and even though we’ve never met I feel like Iv known you all for years. To have this means the world to me and I shall never let you all go. Yes! Your right your not getting rid of me in a hurry lol
    Many of us crafters have our problems and I hear you say each time LHC products are the key to our hearts and our health, It certainly relaxes me in all aspects and seems to take away that pain somehow in all aspects. I really have to say a huge thank you to Lisa Horton Crafts and her ever wonderful design team for all you do for us crafters.
    Sorry about the essay but this is how I genuinely feel. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Well, what can I say Su Peachey we are so alike reading your answers to the questions lol. I kind of knew we were roughly the same 😜 I too love lots of salt and vinegar on my fish and chips I’m with you and Dawn on that one lol.
    Looking forward to the live today Dawn and for the rest of the week always something to learn and I’m willing to do so.
    Thank you Dawn for another cracking blog
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Con you are such a beautiful sole. I’d like to give you a great big hug. Always so positive and kind. I have loved watching you grow with Lisa’s group. Your crafting has gone thru the roof and you inspire all of us with this and your beautiful attitude . Sending you big hugs xx Su xx

      Delete
    2. Aaah, beautiful Connie. I have to agree with Su, you have the biggest heart and I too look forward to the big hug - maybe when Lisa has her workshop eh? It is a pleasure for us to have you as part of our group. xxxx

      Delete
  3. I love and concur with your positive outlook Dawn. It must have been very scary for you after your husband's heart attack. I think women in particular put ourselves down too much and are apt to blame ourselves for all sorts of circumstances. I'm with you when we need to nurture ourselves and frankly cut the negativity. It's very powerful.
    It was lovely to read your intro on Su too.
    I will watch you later today as I'm having lunch with 'old" friends. Can you believe we all keep in touch and get together a couple of times a year for lunch. We met and supported each other when we had our children over 40 years ago! Now I call that positive!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a lunch time. Hope it was fun xx Su xx

      Delete
    2. I too have friends from school that I still meet up with - just a select few. Hope you had a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi my lovely Su.l am so lucky to have you as my friend.Living round the corner.l appreciate everything you do for me.luv ya.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Dawn, great blog post and I'm sure it will uplift others. Being a community mental health nurse I know all about automatic negative thoughts and the impact these have on our mood. We are definitely all guilty of falling into this trap especially when life gets tough. You bring so much joy to this group and it's members and I'm sure I can say on behalf of everyone that your lives are fabulous. Love and hugs
    Rebecca Jayne 💗💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rebecca Jayne for your lovely words. I'm glad you enjoy the lives - I enjoy doing them and the chat we have too. xxx

      Delete