Wednesday 21 September 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY

 Hello all

So sorry for my late posting today.  I just don't know where the time has gone to today.

I popped to M&S (other supermarkets are available! Lol) this morning to get my fruit and a few bits and pieces.  Well, it took me twice as long to do my little bit of shopping than normal because they have changed the whole store around.

When I got to the checkout, I mentioned it to the lady on the till and she told me that all supermarkets have to re-arrange their stores in line with Government Guidelines regarding high fat, high sugar produce before the 1st October.  Apparently, now it cannot be sited at the beginning of the store it has to be sited further in to the store so that you come across healthier food stuffs before you get to the high fat/high sugar produce!!

Well, I don't know about you but it won't stop me buying the things I have always bought, it will just take me twice as long to find them!! But find them I will!! lol

***

Anyway, enough about my shopping exploits, let's get on with today's Project.

Today we have a nice simple little project from the lovely Karen Stears.

If you're anything like me, and you are a bit impatient with your lettering on your cards, Karen shows you how to line up your letters in a really simple way that will mean your cards will look even more awesome than they already do. Over to you Karen.

Karen here, this is my very first blog post so please bear with me! I love making cards and lose hours in my shed at the bottom of the garden.  I tend to spend more time fiddling with things and moving stuff around than actually making cards! 

I thought I’d look at the “Skinny Alphabet” and show you how I line up die cut letters. It was something I found really irritating as I could never get the die cut letters lined up on the card.

Annoying. I think I’m probably going to tell you something you already know, but I found this technique really useful for lining letters up. Firstly, I cut a load of letters out using lots of different bright colours then lay a strip of the “not very sticky” Scotch tape sticky side up and placed the letters wrong way round and back to front on top.

I then added glue to the backs of the letters, and turned the tape over and lined it up centrally on the card blank. I carefully peeled the “not very sticky” tape off and all the letters were lined up and stuck down. 

There’s probably an easier way (using double sided tape probably) but this works for me. 

I added some Nuvo Drops and there it is, a simple birthday card.

Thank you Karen. Now there is absolutely no excuse for wonky lettering on your projects people.

So that's it for today. I can't see that Claire has uploaded her video to You Tube yet but will post a link once she has.

See you Friday (a bit earlier in the day I promise)
TTFN
xx




4 comments:

  1. Great tip Karen, will be trying this when I use my lettering next xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clean card xx Su xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn I’m so not looking forward to my shopping day lol I do like things how they were and as you mentioned it takes twice as long to find them but thank you for informing us of the change around in the supermarkets.
    Karen I think your card is brilliant. I may have a go at this one soon. There’s a lot of the design team cards I want to try which I’m sure one day I shall get around to doing.
    Thank you for todays blog 😘
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about things being moved around in Supermarkets. So annoying when you’re in a rush. I think they also do it so you see things you don’t usually buy and spend more lol.
    Great tip Karen. Will definitely have a go at this. Thank you. Karen Keen x

    ReplyDelete