Wednesday 31 August 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY - FLOATING SCROLL CARD

Good morning one and all.

I hope you are all having a great week.

I hope you enjoyed my live if you were able to join me but if you missed it, the edited version is up on our You Tube channel if you would like to watch.

Just click on the pic.

You will be pleased to know that my husband is still alive and fighting fit after disrupting my live video on Monday. 😄😄
Honestly, what is it with men?  He did apologise but justified his actions by saying that at least everyone would know I was definitely live! 🤷🤷


I hope you managed to catch Claire's live yesterday at 11am?  If not, click the pic to go to You Tube and watch.


And likewise, if you missed Natasja using the fabulous Peggy Pig and Sheldon Sheep die sets, click on the pic to watch on You Tube.



***

So it being Wednesday we have a fabulous project lined up for you.

 This week's project is by our lovely Su Peachey

Products you will need for this project:

Parchment Scroll Embossing Folder & Die

Blooms & Berries Layering Stencils

Blooms & Berries Embossing Folder & Die

Scalloped and Plain nested circles Die Set

Textures A6 Stamp Set

Foiled & Plain Sentiment Stickers.

Take the largest scalloped circle die and the next but one die in (so third one in from the outside edge) and tape together.

Run through your die cutting machine three times and then glue together the narrow circles that you make.

Take a piece of card measuring 6 x 6 inches and score and 3 inches.

Place the inner die of the two you used previously on the folded edge of your card and run through your die cutting machine so that you end up with this.






Glue the scalloped die cuts on to the base card.

Cut and emboss the scroll and then brush ink over the embossed scroll to give an aged look.

Then using the script stamp from the Textures Stamp set stamp on to the scroll and add a few of the splat stamps for effect.

Cut a strip of cardstock measuring 1 x 3 inches and score at 0.5, 1.5 and 2.5 inches.  Fold and adhere to the inside front and back of the card base in the middle of the bottom edge.  This will stop the card from splaying open.

Glue the parchment scroll to the base card at an angle leaving some of the circle showing.

Stencil the blooms and berries with colours of your choice, cut and emboss.

Add sticky pads to the back of your stencilled flowers and adhere this to the scroll in a vertical position.

Use one of the Foiled and plain sentiment stickers and adhere to the top scroll.

And this will be your finished card.

What a beautiful project that is, don't you agree?

Remember to share your makes into the Crafting with Lisa Horton group if you decide to give it a go.  We would love to see your take on it.

Right, I'm off to finalise my project for tomorrow's live so I'll see you here on Friday.  

TTFN

xxx

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates and glad to know your OH is still alive!! I'll definitely have a go at this project. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did laugh when your OH starting drilling. Exactly what mine would do. What are they like? Lol. My shifts have fallen nicely this week so been able to watch most of the lives. I pick up so many tips. Will do the project eventually but missed the scroll folder so will have a go once it’s back in stock. Thanks again to you Dawn and the rest of the DT for taking time out to give us so much inspiration. Karen Keen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card was beautiful Karen. Thank you for having a go at it. Good luck when the scroll is back in stock but the music sheet stamp sure did the trick . Su xxx

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed your live on Monday Dawn and so pleased your hubby is around still lol 😆. I love Su's card and I'm patiently for the scroll to come back into stock. But I will definitely try the card design as I wasn't able to buy anything this time round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the scroll when it’s back in stock . Su xx

      Delete
  4. So glad your husband is still alive 😂 I did jump when the drill went off but as my neighbours were also doing work I thought it was them 🤣
    Thank you to Dawn, Claire and Natasja for the wonderful lives on Facebook for us crafters. All three were stunningly great. Your such talented ladies, you each have your own qualities and put you all together as a design team it so works. 🥰
    That’s another beautiful card from Su Peachy another very talented lady from the design team. Once I can get my hands on the scroll I’m certain I shall be having a go at this one.
    Looking forward to your live tomorrow morning Dawn x
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck getting the scroll soon Con. Su xx

      Delete
  5. Great 'lives' from you all and good to know your OH is still with us (how's the Ninja going?) Lovely project - may try this later but as I've not got the circle dies will need to improvise. Thanks to all the DT for your fab inspiration! Su Robson xx

    ReplyDelete