Sunday 14 June 2020

Christmas Shadow Box

Hello everyone.
Dawn here with you today.
Did you all watch Lisa's fabulous shows on Friday?
I hope you managed to grab some time to watch and maybe place a cheeky order!

Today I want to show you my little Christmas Shadow Box I made for the show.

The shadow box is one I had from the fabulous Danny McIntosh ages ago now and it has sat in my craft stash ever since.

So, what better way to use it than to decorate it with Lisa's fabulous products.

To begin with I painted the whole of the box frame with Metallic Copper acrylic paint.  Then, using the crackle stamp I stamped all over the front of the frame in black ink.

It looked nice but I decided I wanted it to look a bit "aged" so I used some Stamperia Antique wax in Metallic Gold, Metallic Black and Metallic Turquoise and used an old cloth to wipe it over the front of the frame in different places.

For the inside of the frame I painted it with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint in Cheesecake and then using the Medieval stencil from Lisa Horton Crafts went over that with the same Metallic Copper Acrylic paint to give me a fancy background.

Now I wanted the flowers to be 3D in nature but I knew that 3d glue gel wouldn't give me enough height.  So I cut up some pieces of polystyrene and stacked them to give me the height.  

Then in order for the flowers to be at different heights I attached wires to the back and stuck them in the polystyrene so it couldn't be seen.

Then I used one of the new Christmas wordage sheets and used one of my copics to add a colour that matched my project.  

Finally, I found some little bells in my stash so I added some of those to a piece of thread and strung them across the opening, so it now jingles each time you move it. Very festive.


All of the Christmas products I have used on this project are available exclusively at Create and Craft for the next two weeks and thereafter will be available at That Craft Place.

Remember to join in with the monthly challenge the theme for which is "Sets of Three"

Please consider subscribing to our You Tube channel - Lisa Horton Crafts and remember to check out our Pinterest boards.

Lisa will be back on our screens on Tuesday 30th June with some more fabulous new goodies but I will remind you all again in good time.
So, enjoy the rest of your Sunday good people of blogland/craftland and I will see you all again soon

hugs
Dawn

1 comment: