Saturday 1 February 2020

All about me - Claire Newcombe

- Meet the Team -
Claire Newcombe 

Hi my name is Claire Newcombe, otherwise known in the crafty world as Creative Makings. I am a stay at home Mum to 2 boys teenage boys, and make the most of my spare time by crafting and going to the gym.
I have crafted in various guises since I was a girl, and began by teaching myself cross stitch. I found my love of paper crafts, when my eldest son was born and I made my announcement postcards letting everyone know he’d arrived.
Over the years my style has changed and developed into what I would describe now as clean and modern. I try to put a modern twist into all the products I use, whether its vintage papers or classic stamped images. My preference is to make cards, but I view them as small canvases, designing each one individually as a stand alone piece of artwork that can be gifted. I am largely influenced by the natural world, and when given free reign tend to use lots of blues and greens against a natural palette, making me one of a few people (I think) who enjoys making cards and projects for guys. Having said that I do also get very excited by patterned paper, always happy to add new gems to my collection. Give me some paper, a stamp and some inks and I’m a happy girl.
I have been very fortunate to have been on a number of design teams in the past and contribute regularly to leading craft magazines, and even had a stint presenting on one of the TV craft channels. I spend many hours crafting on my own, so when the opportunity arises I run workshops in my local area and love to guide people through a project and see their pride at creating something they believed they couldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment