Monday 12 December 2022

MARVELLOUS MONDAY

 Happy Monday people.

Well, it's getting close now isn't it?  Just think, pretty soon it will all be over and we will be counting down to next Christmas!!  Lol

So, a quick word about the Festive Period.

As a Design Team we will be taking a break after this week so that we can enjoy a little bit of family time too.  So that means the lives will take a break after this week and they will recommence on Monday 9th January 2023.  

If you would like us to cover a particular subject, technique or card type in the lives please do leave a comment on this post so that we can work out between us who could do what.  The lives are a way of the DT encouraging you to try new things or to try and master things that you would like to attempt but don't know where to start so please don't be afraid to suggest anything.  😁😁

The blog will continue throughout, so we can still keep in touch. I am sure that the DT ladies will be popping in to the group at some point over the Festive Period and the admin team will always be around if you have any questions or need any help with anything, so just shout up.

Talking of the blog - do you have an idea for a new feature?  Is there something you think we could cover on the blog that we don't do anywhere else?  We only have three Meet the Team features left now so it would be nice to replace it with something fun.  Have a think and again, leave a comment below with your suggestions.  I am still going to do the Featured Follower on a Friday but that won't be every week - just now and again.  Would you like that feature to be a bit more of a bio of the person or just a glimpse of their work?  Again, ideas below please.


****

What's on this week then?

Monday 12th December

I will be live in the CWLH group at 1pm so I hope you can join me.

Tuesday 13th December 

Claire will be live in the CWLH group at 2pm

Wednesday 14th December

Project Wednesday here on the blog

Thursday 15th December

I will be live in the CWLH group at 1pm

Friday 16th December

Lisa will be live at 7pm for her usual Friday night live.

Links later in the week.


We are rapidly coming to the end of our Meet the Team feature, I think we only have 3 members left after this week.

So this week we are meeting the lovely 

VALERIE CARTWRIGHT

How many jobs did you have before you found your dream job?

 I had several jobs in retail when I left school then when my son was in his teens I went to work for an engineering company & was there for 31 years till I retired.

Chinese or Indian?
 Chinese, love a chow mein.

Fish and Chips or Pizza?

Definitely Fish and Chips

Surf or Turf?
 It will have to be surf, my husband is a keen fisherman, our cats also eat well.

Cats or Dogs?
 It has to be cats, we have 2 beautiful Maine Coons, poppy & daisy.

Music whilst crafting or not?
 Sometimes I will have the radio on but mainly I like it quiet.

Favourite Film Genre?
. As I have got older I prefer nice happy films, the scary & thriller’s tend to make me anxious now.

Favourite Music Genre?
 I love Motown & soul but also love a bit of disco, still a 70’s girl at heart.

What is your favourite Lisa Horton Crafts product?

 My favourite & most used is the blending brushes followed closely by the embossing folder & die sets, the poinsettia in particular.

What is your dream for the future?
My dream for the future is to stay healthy & carry on enjoying my crafting.

Thanks Valerie.  I've always fancied owning a Maine Coon but have never been able to afford one.  Beautiful cats.

So there you go

5 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the meet the team. Thank you all for the hard work and the beautiful samples you have shown us this year, plus how to make and use the products. Happy New year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I love reading these. Dawn my Peahy is a chinchilla Persian and was very expensive but worth every penny. She makes my heart melt! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry should have added Trudy so you knew who it was x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous blog as always Dawn and yes it’s so near to the big man arriving again. It’s but once a year but doesn’t seem like a year ago since Christmas 2021. My dad used to say the older you get the quicker the years go by. Never a truer word spoken.
    Thank you for the information Dawn. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous and happy new year 🥳
    Lovely to know the blogs shall be running over the festive. I so love to read them. I wish you all a happy and wonderful break. It’s also nice to know the featured follower will continue I must say it’s wonderful to see everyone’s wonderful work in the blog.
    Only a suggestion but how about featured make of the week or month? Just an idea.
    Lovely to meet Valerie such a sweet lady and beautiful crafter. I hope lol your dreams and wishes come true.
    I can’t make the Tuesdays lives anymore but I shall be there for 1pm Thursday and 7pm on Friday
    Cracking live today Dawn 😁 always something new to bring us. Your a genius 💜
    Look after yourself Dawn and take great care 😘
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Valerie that was a miss type there. It should have read I hope all your dreams and wishes come true 😘
    Connie x

    ReplyDelete