Monday 14 November 2022

MONDAY MUSINGS

 Good morning all.

I hope you had a lovely weekend?

Before I retired, I worked at the NHS in Research and Development which I really enjoyed.  Because of the nature of my work it was really useful to work with two screens, something which I missed greatly when I finished work.  So I have been on the lookout for an extra monitor to add in to my existing set up.  Well, that was the plan!!

Why is nothing ever easy eh?  On Friday we found a monitor being advertised locally at a really good price so arranged to go and buy it.  Hubby spent hours trying to get the computer to recognise the second monitor - but nope - Computer says No!

So off he went to good old You Tube to see if he could find a solution.  It is now 4.30 on a Sunday evening and I am still only using one monitor!!  Best laid plans eh?  I am sure we will get there but just not as quickly as I had envisaged! Hey ho, such is life I guess!

***

So, what do we have on this week then?

No TV for Lisa this week so that should give all the bank balances a bit of a rest shouldn't it? Lol

I will be live this afternoon at 1pm in the CWLH group and I will be using the gorgeous Balloon High Stencils, Embossing folder and die set to make a gorgeous sparkly card.  

Tuesday Claire will be live at 2pm in the CWLH group, not sure what she is doing yet but I am sure it will be something clever as usual.

Wednesday we will have another Project for you here on the Blog so remember to pop by and have a look at that.

Thursday I will be live again in the CWLH group at 1pm

Friday, Lisa will be live at 7pm as usual.

(Links later in the week)

***

So finally, another instalment of Meet the Team and this week we have the pleasure of getting to know the lovely Maria Moorhouse.

How many jobs did you have before you found your Dream job?
I knew I wanted to be a nurse from the age of 5, but sometimes life has other plans for us doesn’t it. Turns out that being a craft tutor is my dream job, but I’ve done a ton of jobs including bingo caller! 

Chinese or Indian
Indian definitely 

Fish and Chips or Pizza
Fish and chips AND mushy peas 

Surf or turf
I best stick to turf, in my youth me and some friends were asked to leave a seafood restaurant for racing lobster casings tied together with shoelaces! 

Dogs or cats
Dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, owls, I love them all! 

Sport or not
Not these days, I’d rather be crafting.

Music whilst crafting or not
Music goes with anything! It can distract a troubled mind and soothe the soul. 

Favourite film genre
Sci FI, fantasy fiction

Favourite music genre
Any except jazz or rapping 

What is your MOST favourite LHC product
Ooh tricky, if I can only pick one then it has to be the Floral 3d alphabet and numbers collection.

What is your dream for the future. 
To be around for as long as possible so I can see my kids grown and settled with a happy life.

So there you go then, that's Maria, our little animal lover. 😀  
I hope you are enjoying this little feature?  I know I am.

Right, best get on.
TTFN
xx

8 comments:

  1. Hope you get your additional monitor sorted - technology is great...until it fails! Lovely to see Maria featured this week - she's a real joy and inspiration in so many ways...not just as a design team member but life in general. Su Robson xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Su. Beautiful inside and out and I love her to bits. Dx

      Delete
  2. Great blog thanks you. I like getting to know the team. It makes you more human if you know what I mean and not just a figure in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, that was the idea really. Glad you are enjoying them. Dx

      Delete
  3. Aww fabulous blog again Dawn. I so enjoy reading them x. It’s lovely to know you were with the NHS I have a friend who works I research at the endoscopy department 😃 it’s a very interesting role.
    I do hope you get your second monitor soon 🥰
    Lovely to see another member of the design team on here again. It’s good to get know a little about you all. I’m sure you shall get your wish Maria 😜
    Fantastic live today Dawn. I’m only sorry I can’t attend tomorrow for Claire’s but shall catch up when I can.
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy them Connie. We know you always catch up so please don't worry. You just get yourself sorted and catch up whenever you can. Dx

      Delete
  4. I'm having a busy week but am gradually catching up with demos and the blog Dawn. I hope by now you've managed to get your additional screen working. I also worked in the NHS, first as a nurse then as a PA. I worked with some fantastic people and loved what I did. After I retired and my mum had died, I got into crafting and absolutely love it. It was great to hear about Maria and she sounds a fun person. Thanks again for the blog! Liz Castle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorted eventually Liz, thankfully. I think crafting has been a saviour of many retired people, me included. Maria is the most lovely person you could ever wish to meet. Dx

      Delete