Monday 31 October 2022

MONDAY MUSINGS

Good Monday morning to you all.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend despite the awful weather.  Honestly one minute it is blowing a gale and raining so hard I couldn't see the end of the garden (and that's not far trust me) and the next it is bright sunshine.  No wonder we all end up with bad colds!

Anyway, did you all enjoy Lisa's live last night?  It did seem a bit weird having a Friday night live on a Sunday didn't it?  But then again, I don't mind what day of the week it is - I love Lisa's lives, whatever she is doing.

I imagine some of you have started receiving your parcels from the shows last week by now, I know I have.  Trouble is, I am fast running out of space to keep anything anymore. Lol

I think I had better actually get some of my old, unused craft stuff on some selling sites and see if I can shift some of it - need to find a way of getting more funds for my LHC addiction. I bet you all feel the same don't you? 

I always used to buy lots of craft goodies and get them home, open them, check they were ok and then put them away never to see the light of day again! Lol  I know I am not the only one that has done that in the past.  These days however, I can honestly say that my Lisa Horton Crafts goodies get used on a daily basis.  Trouble is, I have made so many cards I don't have any room left to keep them. Lol

Aah well, third world problems eh?

***

So, what's going on this week then?

Monday 31st October

I will be live in the CWLH group at 1pm today - I hope you can join me.

Tuesday 1st November

Claire will be live in the CWLH group at 11am - from somewhere in Wales I believe.

Wednesday 2nd November

Project Wednesday here on the blog

Thursday 3rd November

I will be live in the CWLH group at 1pm

Friday 4th November

Lisa will be Live at 7pm
(Links later in the week)

***
Finally for today, another instalment of our Meet the Team feature.
This week we are getting to know a bit more about the lovely
LORRAINE


How many jobs did you have before you found your Dream job?
I had many dream jobs. First one was a window dresser followed by German teacher.
I secured a place at uni to study as a dental technician, but a five years of student life
wasn’t for me so became a draughtswoman.

Chinese or Indian
Eating at home definitely Indian but dining out Chinese wins, I cook on electric and can’t create the breath of the wok for an authentic flavour.

Fish and chips or pizza
I’m well known for turning out a good pizza

Surf or turf
Can I say both ? I love all seafood except oysters. fish, especially served whole, is my favourite
 but I also like the occasional fillet steak.

Dogs or cats
We have a beautiful Springer Spaniel grand dog Ollie and he has us wrapped around his paws.

Sport or not
I am a Zumba addict and enjoy watching most sports other than golf

Music whilst crafting or not
Definitely no music, it would interfere with the deep conversations I have with myself about the project in process

Favourite film genre
The oldies are the best, as long as there’s no Sci - Fi .

What is your most favourite LH product
If I can only choose one it has to be the Ultimate, oh and all the goodies that are compatible with it ðŸ˜‚😂

What is your dream for the future
I hope that I can overcome my current health issues and return to the lifestyle I had before and continue being part of this amazing team.

So there you go.
I'll be back on Wednesday with a new project for you.

TTFN
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Loved the chat you had with Lorraine. Always interesting to meet the team. Looking forward to the live today to see what you come up with Dawn. The weather is so changeable. I'm one with dreadful cough and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I’m exactly the same. I need to make room for my new LH collection which oddly grows on a weekly basis. Waiting patiently for my Megabundle. I just can’t ditch the old stuff… which I never use. Looking forward this week’s events. Great to ‘meet’ Lorraine’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I won't ditch it - I will try and sell it even if it is for less than it is worth.

      Delete
  3. I’m not sure why I’m ‘Anonymous’….Gill Till

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea Dawn on how to get more pennies for LHC products lol I shall be sorting things out now in my craft room.
    The weather where I live hasn’t been too bad. On the warmer side although today it seems to be changing 🥶 brrr
    I can safely say I’m attending todays live but if it’s at 1pm Thursday I won’t make this one for definite but shall catch up as always.
    It’s fabulous to meet the lovely design team we are all so different but enjoy a lot of the same things. Lorraine I so wish for your future to be your dream and be well again 💜🥰
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Connie. I know you always watch whenever you can. Hope Thursday is a one off?

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy yours and the other design team's demos Dawn and the blog has been a great way to get to know the team. I hope Lorraine's health improves so she can get back to being the person she wants to be. I know what you mean about your craft room. I keep saying to myself that I have enough then Lisa brings out something else and I'm off ordering that!! I swear she could sell ice to Eskimos!! I'm already wondering what she's going to show us on Friday.lol. Liz Castle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Liz, she probably could! If you can watch my live on Thursday you might get that surprise a day early. Lol

      Delete
  6. Evening Dawn. Well what can I say I’m like you have so many products that never see the light of day. That really need to off load them. Lisa’s products live on my desk as like you, they get used the most nowadays. Like you I could watch Lisa any time of day. All my children help keep my cards stock down. They don’t buy them from the shops anymore. Anyway must get on. ttfn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I worked I used to sell quite a few to colleagues but that doesn't happen when you have retired. Lol Maybe I will do a craft fair at some point, who knows.

      Delete
  7. Smashing to learn a little about Lorraine ( and the rest of the DT too in due course). Great to 'see' you at lunchtime - love watching with a nice cuppa after being fed! Thanks for the demo's and inspiration each time Dawn. Su Robson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I didn't realise how much I had missed my lives but it was nice to be back. xx

      Delete
  8. I didnt manage to watch this lunch time but will catch up as always. I have to destash at some stage too. Lovely to meet Lorraine. Love thd blogs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine. I hope you enjoy it when you do catch up. xx

      Delete
  9. Missed your live today Dawn😱 but will catch up. I did do a de stash of my craft room a few months ago but I’m not very good at getting rid of things. I must try harder so I can spread out my LH goodies more.
    Sandy Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Sandy. I am good at sorting it out and taking photos - I just need to get it advertised now! Lol xx

      Delete