Wednesday 14 September 2022

PROJECT WEDNESDAY - SPRING ANEMONE SCROLL

 Good morning all

I hope today finds you all well?

I have to say I was absolutely blown away by the crowds in London yesterday evening when our Queen was being brought home to Buckingham Palace.  I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it before, or will again for that matter.

People lined up along the route, cars stopped on the opposite carriageway - hundreds of them and our wonderful Police force just being there - totally respectful of people's desire to see their Queen one last time.  Can you imagine how many photographs will be across Social Media platforms in the coming days.  The advent of the mobile phone has given people the opportunity to capture moments in history that would have otherwise been shut away in the media archives and only aired at times they deemed appropriate.  Whereas, today, across the world people have the power to display their memories, the moments in history that they captured, anywhere, at any time in any context.  How times have changed.

I shall watch later today as Her Majesty is taken to Westminster Hall, as I have watched 99% of the coverage.  I feel like I have to watch it unfold otherwise I will never believe that it is true. Do you know what I mean?

My heart goes out to all of the Queen's family but in particular to Princess Anne.  I have always thought she was the image of her mother and they had a closeness to be envied.  I watched as she walked behind the cortege in Edinburgh and thought how brave but tired she looked.  I read her powerful statement yesterday with tears in my eyes but a heart full of admiration and respect.

Praying for strength for them all in the coming days.

*****

Well, time for a little bit of light relief I think don't you?

It's Wednesday and that means a fabulous project for you all.

Today, that project is brought to you by our lovely Maria Moorhouse.


YOU WILL NEED


LHCEF097 Spring Anemone folder and die
LHCAS074 Spring Anemone layering stencils
LHCEF098 Parchment scroll folder and die
LHCCS061 Believe in yourself stamp set
Black permanent inkpad for stamping
Blending inkpads, brown, orange, dark orange, dark red, green, mid green, dark green.
A5 card blank
Black and orange card for layering 
Cream card
Ink brushes and applicator 


Start with a piece of cream coloured card, or mottled card, die cut a scroll and emboss with the folder.

Use a blending applicator to add brown ink around the edges of the scroll.
Die cut and emboss another scroll from any card,  cut off the ‘rolled up’ parts top and bottom to use as masks.
Place the extra pieces over your scroll and blend a small amount of brown ink as a shadow, do this top and bottom.
With the masks still securely in place, use your layering stencils and inks to stencil the Spring Anemone to the scroll.
Remove masks, use a permanent black ink (Lisa's Cloud 9 Solid Black would be perfect here) to stamp a greeting from the Believe in yourself set.
Bend the top and bottom of your scroll around the barrel of a pen or pencil for extra dimension.
Trim a piece of orange card to approximately 13.5cm x 19.5cm. Emboss top and bottom with the Spring Anemone folder.
Lightly blend brown ink over the embossed areas.
Layer your embossed card onto black card and fix onto an A5 card blank.
Add your scroll to the centre and add accents/embellishments as desired.

What a simply fabulous project, thank you Maria.

All product can be purchased at www.thatcraftplace.co.uk - stock permitting.  If an item you wish to purchase is out of stock then please click the "add to wishlist" button.  The more requests that are received, the more likelihood of the item being re-ordered.  

Remember, if you decide to have a go at this fabulous project, please share your makes into the Crafting with Lisa Horton Group on Facebook

***

Finally, if you missed Claire's fabulous live yesterday then here is the link for you to watch the edited version on You Tube - well worth a watch it is too!



So, I will love you and leave you for today.

See you back here on Friday.

TTFN
xxx


















4 comments:

  1. What a few days it’s been. I agree with you about having to watch as much as possible. I was at work for the last 4 days so missed quite a lot. I too will be watching live, later today with my elderly Mother. Like me she has feeling a bit down after the announcement. Nothing compared to what the queens children must be feeling, especially Charles. I just hope they all get a chance to grieve properly and privately.
    I love the look of this project. Definitely another one to try. Thanks again Dawn for taking the time to post on this blog. Much appreciated. Karen Keen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn what wise and beautiful words you have chosen regarding our beautiful Queen and her family. Wonderfully put 🥰
    I too shall be watching live as she goes to Westminster. Likewise I haven’t missed much of it all since 8th September definitely a date to remember that holds an awful lot of history.
    A fantastic card my Maria Moorehouse. I haven’t got the scroll as yet but shall be purchasing in the future for sure. Then I can try this card out too.
    Thank you for todays blog
    Lots of love
    Connie 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. The scroll has just arrived with me so I might even give this a go too. xxxx

      Delete