Wednesday 20 May 2020

Create Art

Hi guys, On Lisa's last show she had the most amazing MDF Bookcase with grey board spines and covers to make books for the inside, were you lucky to get some? you will love them if you did,

Here's what I did with mine,


As you can see they came with enough grey board to make 4 books, two with wider spines and two slightly less, also on the show was some of the fabulous Stamperia papers from the Roses and Laces collection, I had some in  my stash so I used them on my samples, using the papers to make some of my embellishments too,
I'll start off with the MDF bookcase, it is so easy to put together by simply gluing with a wet glue on the edges where they connect together, I added some of the papers both on the inside and outside too,


I used the papers for the outsides of the books as well,


This one I left fairly plain to show you don't have to over embellish them for them still to look awesome.


I also left this one plain inside with only the paper showing as you can finish off the insides a few different ways to add the signatures,


So as you can see on this one I have simply used some good thick card stock to fit in the spine section, I then simply wrapped some black cord around a few times to create a base for the signatures to be threaded through, you can use string, elastic, cord or twine as I have, the papers are cut to size and glued down on either side to finish it off,


For two of the books on the outside I again used the papers, making some tags and one of the strips of paper from the paper collection, cut down and distressed on the edges with my distress tool (scissors work too) and some distress ink, then I layered them up with some 3D foam pads and used one of the clocks from the papers on the book front too, this I again distressed, To finish off the front of my book I added the gorgeous MDF flower which also came with the main bookcase collection, simply colouring them with some of the fabulous Mica's Lisa sells,


Here is another of the decorated books again using some of the tags I created and also using some more MDF pieces that again came with the main collection, I again painted the paint brush with some of the Mica's sealing them with a little hair spray afterwards,


On the inside I created another card with twine wound around for the signatures /pages, I used some more of the black card stock for some and white water colour card for the other, 


I then used some more of the Mica's and some of the fabulous stamps to create some art on a couple of the pages,


To finish the Bookcase off I added the four metal feet which again came with the main bookcase collection on the show,



Just another view of the finished books and Bookcase, 

Well I do hope you managed to get some and you enjoy using your creativity to create your projects, don't forget we would love to see them, 
Lisa has a Facebook group were you can show anything you make with her products and there's even a set challenge every month too, check it out,


Also Lisa has a blog which you can check out here, with all the DT posts on with some amazing projects, 

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your bookcase it looks soo lovely😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job Liz. You do these so beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely. I would spend all my time admiring them and not using them xx

    ReplyDelete